Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map in "Activities" is showing incorrect location

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Once I have synced a completed exercise the map does not zoom in in the location of which the exercise happened. The map always opened in Birmingham but I actually live in Halifax, Canada. As a sidenote the map on the Dashboard is correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RATTLEY1   There is an icon in the upper right that will toggle you to your fullscreen view.  You will see your map.  When you toggle back, you will stay on the correct map.  If you leave your details page, then go back to it, you will back in Birmingham.

Seems like everyone sees Birmingham, AL.  Clearing your cache and cookies won't make a difference.  This looks like a bug, plain and simple.  This is a workaround until the bug is fixed.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

The map comes up showing I am in America? but I am in England. This was ok up until last week. Any suggestions as to why this has happened

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exercise map on the Fitbit device is accurate, but still inaccurate on the website.  I get some other map from another state.  What is the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to check my walk today and I'm shown a map from Birmingham Alabama which just a couple thousand miles from where I did walk? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app on my smartphone shows the route I took in today's walk correctly, as does the online dashboard. But when I select the activity from the online dashboard to look at the activity details, it does not show the route I took. Instead it shows the region around Birmingham, Alabama ... although I am in California!!! Did the same thing yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a phone issue. I do a walk, with GPS synced to my phone. I then see the map of my route on my Mac desktop. However, when I click on the map, instead of opening the next screen and showing my route it displays an unrelated map of Birmingham!! If I click full-screen my correct map is displayed. If escape back to normal screen the correct map remains. This has just started to happen. It previously worked correctly.I

Best Answer

@davidwagner @RATTLEY1  A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for letting me know that the map on your Dashboard isn't correct. 

I've merged your posts here because it seems you're experiencing the same. 

I'd like you to confirm you're doing this procedure before starting a workout. Regarding the map on your online Dashboard, please log out from your account and clear cookies and cache. 

To better assist you, please reply to the following questions: 

- Do you use any third-party app?

- Are you seeing this on the online Dashboard or app?

- Which exercise were you doing? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the last day or so when I go to the Dashboard and open an exercise the map is focused on Birmingham in the US. But I'm not even in the US.

If I scroll around to my location (zoom out to see half the world, move the map and zoom in again) I can see the correct track. 

It wasn't working like this the other day. I've tried other browsers, so I don't think it's me.

Any tips? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Until a few days ago, every tracked walk I do (pretty well one a day) put me where I'd been walking after I pause and finish the walk on my Android phone tracker. A few days ago all that changed and I'm now placed in Exmouth, Devon, UK on the phone (where I have been walking) but near Birmingham, AL, USA on the website! I have never seen this before and certainly haven't been walking there. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone have an explanation??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FatBouy   I am moving this to the fitbit.com dashboard forum because it is a better fit.  But I have the same thing, too.  

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DM58   Are you seeing this on the app view of your map or the web view of your map?  If you are seeing this on your web view, because that's where I am seeing it, tap or click on the toggle to fullscreen in the upper right of the map and you will see your map.  Toggle back and you will see it in the regular view.

I have reported this to Fitbit.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

My maps are fine on the Fitbit app. I too checked on fitbit.com and have the same Birmington center.

Sorry @SilviaFitbit but logging out, clearing cache, logging in doesnt chamge anything. Does your maps apen correctly on fitbit.com/activities

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I Have logged out of my account and cleared all cookies and cache but it is still not working properly. I use the app on my phone which is all ok. It is the online dashboard which is not correct, it is at first but when I click on it to geta full detailed picture the map bit changes to somewhere in America, this happens when any exercise logged.

Any other ideas as to what else I could try?

Sarah

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png] Virus-free. www.avg.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RATTLEY1   There is an icon in the upper right that will toggle you to your fullscreen view.  You will see your map.  When you toggle back, you will stay on the correct map.  If you leave your details page, then go back to it, you will back in Birmingham.

Seems like everyone sees Birmingham, AL.  Clearing your cache and cookies won't make a difference.  This looks like a bug, plain and simple.  This is a workaround until the bug is fixed.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
Hiya,

Thank you very much. This never use to happen only the last week or so.
Very strange.
😖
Thanks again
Sarah

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png] Virus-free. www.avg.com
Best Answer

logged out and cleared cache ... didn't seem to fix the problem that I share with the others here (also a new problem of only the last couple days. It isn't a problem with the recordings made during the last few days, however, since I get the same behavior when I open up an older activity from before this problem started.

I use a Fitbit Versa 2. I also sync with MyFitnessPal and tend to also be recording with an app AllTrails --- but that said, the problem appears to be with the online app and I see this behavior when opening up Activity Details on walks/hikes taken before I started using AllTrails ... and when there seemed to be no problems with MyFitnessPal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for troubleshooting this with me and for letting me know that the exercise map was showing as if you were in Birmingham, AL. 

I've shared your reports with my team and they are already investigating them, your patience and understanding is appreciated. 

In the meantime, please follow the workaround that  @FatBouy shared which is zoom out to see more and then move the map and zoom in again. This should show you the correct map. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like your asking about Fitbit.com on the website and not your charge 4 this has been recently noticed.

It is fone in the Fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 4 connects to GPS and gives fairly accurate mileage but when I go to the app and click on the map of my run or walk, it shows Birmingham Alabama but I am in Concord NH.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jamal48   If you are seeing this on the web view of your details, this is a new bug and Fitbit is aware.  As a workaround, there is an icon in the upper right of your screen that toggles it to a fullscreen view.  You will see your map.  When you toggle back, you will still see your map on the page.  If you leave the page, then return, you will be seeing Birmingham again.

Please  let us know if you are seeing this on your phone app.  So far, the only reports are in the web view.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer