Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my Fitbit account to Google.

Having read many posts about how users have lost friends, their history, and general dissatisfaction with the move, not to mention that any data/history lost is irretrievable, I have decided that I'm not going anywhere! Stay with Fitbit, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @TruckinPete 

The Fitbit forums are where people come to get help. With this in mind, one will find more users posting about issues here.

Just to share my experience. I migrated my account to Google about 6 months ago without any problems, other than no longer being able to view family & friends who are still using Fitbit accounts. All my data transferred in tact. The migration for me was smooth and quick transition.

I do agree with you that if you don't need to migrate yet, it's fine to wait until it's required, which will be sometime in 2025.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

It's been awful for me. You can no longer interpret the data in excel.

It used to be so easy with the old way:(

If you have any ideas on what to do with the Google Takeout export, please share.

No one from Fitbit seems to care.

Best Answer

How long did it take for your data to show up? Customer service told me it could be several days...but I have a feeling that my data is lost forever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google is the culprit ruining everything. Just switch to Apple. That's what I'm going to do when current Versa quits. 

Best Answer