Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
If I get a second fitbit will they both sync to one dashboard and total step count? Ie if in a competition.
So could I wear one for work and one for exercise and the steps all add together?
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9
When you say 'tracker' what's this?
Yes id only wear one at a time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!  That's how it works.  The only real limitations are that you can only have one tracker of each type, and that you are meant to wear only one at a time.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tracker= your Fitbit(s)

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rmackie,

Welcome to the community!

Though let's be real clear here.  If you're wearing two at the same time, you'll get credit for the steps on one of these devices.  In other words, if you strap on a Flex and a Charge and then go for a 3000 step walk, don't expect to get 6000 steps added to your account.  The Fitbit service/servers will collect all the data and pick one set.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Hi I don't want to wear two at same time. One for work, one for proper workout. Just want them to be tallied up together.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the question that is most closely related to my question today. I recently added my older Zip back on my profile. I had been using only the newer Charge HR. I may wear each of them on the same day but never at the same time. When I go to the Dashboard to sync (Using OS X Lion 10.7.5) how do I know which one is syncing? Will they both sync at the same time as long as the steps were achieved at different times of the day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recieved my Alta in the mail today, got it set up but now all of my steps from my Flex are not displaying.  I am doing a walking challenge at work so I need to know my daily step count.  I can only see my step count from the new Alta.  My sleep stats from last night are still showing though.  Does anyone know how I can view steps from my Flex?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you have better luck with your problem than I did with mine. It appears the Fitbit Dashboard just doesn't like a person having multiple devices. Seems like a poor marketing concept; I would think they would want us to buy all the devices we could afford :(. It would be so easy to open the sync menu and see a list of all devices registered and to be asked which one to sync, or all. When I ask to sync and the dongle sees 2 devices it asks me to login than select a device, after that I never have an option to ask the other device to be synced. Each device knows what time it is so no step could be counted twice. Even if they had to brake it down in one hour blocks for ease of writing the code it would be better than it is now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Greg93,

While I occasionally have a device that is stubborn, I seldom ever have any issues explicitly syncing devices.

While Fitbit Connect did have a bug where it was always prompting folks to log in when you did a "Sync Now" I believe that this has been resolved.  This should only occur if you have a Fitbit paired with another account nearby (spouse perhaps?).

There are two ways to sync with your PC.  The older software (which still works) is Fitbit Connect; the newer software is the Windows 10 Fitbit App.

That said, I believe that Fitbit Connect was designed to simply sync periodically and they added the option to "Sync Now" later.  In fact, the Ultra version of Fitbit Connect does not have this option.

If you were to install the Windows 10 Fitbit App it gives you much finer control over which device to sync, like this:

fitbit-win10-sync-now.jpg

It also gives you the added benefits of:

• Ability to sync without the USB dongle, using just the bluetooth 4.0 adapter on your PC.
  • Ability to participate in challenges.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes