Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit app does not show any fitness groups

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit app does not show any fitness groups or any groups at all to join.  Is this a glitch?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MikMari  it's not a glitch. Fitbit allows for closed groups now, but the public groups have been discontinued as of March 27, 2023.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

No. Open groups have been removed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MikMari  it's not a glitch. Fitbit allows for closed groups now, but the public groups have been discontinued as of March 27, 2023.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

now what? we dont have a friends list anymore?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well technically not a glitch because it’s the way Fitbit intended, but  it most definitely is an issue! You need to have a friend who’s in the group to invite you. Ridiculous if you’re looking to join, say,  a walking group but you can’t see them!  Fitbit could help out by listing some groups that are accepting new members. As it is there’s nothing a new member can do!  I would be very depressed if I just joined Fitbit now. luckily I was in a couple of groups before they made this drastic change and took some action to get in a couple,  but I’m stuck with what I have.  no walking group 😞   

Best Answer

This has affected me too. After reading other posts I can see why.

Seems pointless having a Community section when no one can actually join it. 

Very disappointed with Fitbit over this.

Best Answer

I just got a new fitbit and I bought it pretty much for the open commuity groups & challenges and also noticed  they are gone Google taking over fitbit has ruined it..I dint understand why they thought ending the challenges and open community was a good idea when in all actuality most users used them to help motivate themselves to move more. What a joke and bad cldecision on Googles part

Best Answer

Yeah I just got a new fitbit and it was for the community groups & challenges and litterally feel I wasted my money, had I known they removed this feature I would never have bought a new one. Very disappointing. Google definetly screwed up! 

Best Answer