Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fitness pal food diary not linking to fitbit charge HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my fitbit.  I linked the fitbit to MFP but the food journal I keep in MFP will not sync with the device.  Also, I noticed my calorie intake keeps changing on the fitbit.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

I'm having the same problem! I deleted both apps and went online and "unauthorized" them and tried again and it's still not working.  I'm super confused and frustrated.

Best Answer

I just sent an email to them as I have scoured these help forums and nothing has worked 😞

I can see the calories eaten on the computer but not on my phone. Very disappointed 😞

Best Answer
I have the same problem. MyFitnessPal food diary goes across on the web. But the FitBit app does not update even though I have read/write access and all other synching working fine. Needs to be fixed in the FitBit iOS app I suspect.
Best Answer
Peggy if you hear back could you let us know what they say? Thanks heaps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wrote an email to FitBit's help and got a reply pretty quickly. What they suggested was what I had already done but I repeated the steps anyway and my phone now syncs my food! I'll copy and paste their reply. Also, my wireless "dongle" is kept in my computer. Maybe that's responsible, too? Here's their response. Hope it helps!

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MFP.
2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes.

We hope this gets you back on track.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Also, when you're on your dashboard and it shows "calories eaten" and it's 0, just click on that and look at the next screen. You should see the calories from MFP and when you go back to the dashboard, that total will now be there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I log my food on Weightwatchers.  It doesn't sync to Fitbit either.  My activity syncs with both WW. and Sparkpeople.  I don't want to log my food more than one place.  Why doesn't this work/

Best Answer

The menu options you are listing are not even available from either the app or the website.  What am I missing.  My food used to sync.  Then I stopped adding anything for a while and it doesn't work. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Clwilson5! Thanks for stepping into the Forums.

Please keep in mind that this thread was from 2015 and that the Dashboard and app has had some changes.

As for the situation itself, you mean the food from MFP, right? I'd recommend that you try to unlink your accounts and then link them again by following these steps:

1. Log into your Fitbit.com account and go to the 'Application' settings.
  2. . Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
  3.  You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

After that, the food could start logging normally once again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done this disconnect process twice this morning.  Now the exercise data from MFP syncs to my fitbit, but still no food diary.  Please help, I am super frustrated

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @RonDV.

Thanks for trying the steps I mentioned, I can see how not having the food show up can get really frustrating. Since the disconnect didn't work, I'd recommend that you contact MyFitnessPal about this situation. They should b able to look into what exactly is going on.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that, but it doesn't work for me.  It still shows zero, even though I logged all my meals on MFP. If I go to MFP, it does show my sleep, etc., from FitBit, but my meals are not transferring to FitBit.

Jean
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jachang.

Thanks for taking the time to share those details on the matter and trying to disconnect the apps.

In that case I'd like to suggest that you try getting in touch with MyFitnessPal directly. They should be able to take a closer look at what is going on since the integration is developed by them. I'm sure that they will be happy to help you out.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've contacted MFP, and they said to contact Fitbit. You say they provide the integration, they say FitBit does. Here is their reply to me:

Jacen wrote:
APR 17, 2019  |  03:48PM PDT
Hi Jean,

That does seem a bit odd. Unfortunately as we at MFP use Fitbit's integration services we are not certain why there is a delay in the food sync, if there is not a delay via steps also.

We would suggest reaching out to Fitbit. You should be able to reach them via: http://help.fitbit.com

We are sorry we could not be of more help in this matter, but if you have any problems getting your issue resolved via the Fitbit support team, please do let us know. If they do have a direct answer for you, we would be very grateful if you would reply back to us if there is indeed an issue on their end.

Thank you so much for letting us know about this Jean!

Kindest Regards,
Jacen
MyFitnessPal Staff
Jean
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jachang.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for bringing this up and sharing what they told you.

In this case I'd like to ask you to clarify the situation. Is the syncing between the two not happening or is it delayed? MFP's response refers to a delay.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a big time lag of several hours for the MFP entries to sync over to FitBit. This happened a couple of times in the past also. It is interesting that in every time it happened, it would be messed up for days, but after sending numerous notices to FitBit and MFP, it would all suddenly begin working again without me doing anything.  I'm wondering if, when they are trying to troubleshoot things at their end, they inadvertently fix whatever was wrong.

At any rate, it is now syncing immediately again, the way it used to.

Thanks!

Jean
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I spoke too soon.  I entered my breakfast into MFP about 11:00a.m., and it is now 1:03p.m., and it still has not synced to Fitbit Dashboard. I keep refreshing my browser, for both tabs, but it does not show up.

Jean
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jachang.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing those details on the matter.

I'd like to ask if the situation has continued since then or if you have noticed any improvements.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes