Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps start at 30,000 each morning.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 is syncing with my phone which shows the correct steps for the day on my fitbit and my phone, but on the dashboard, it says I have 30,000 steps to start the day and only adds from there.  Not sure why.  I'm trying to share with a friend and she gets discouraged by my step number every morning and I can't figure out how to get it to show the same as my app and device.  Any ideas what's happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@pyromelzar,

So yes and no... you can't see it directly, but if she clicks on your name on the leaderboard, she'll get your step activity for the last 30 days (provided you set your privacy settings that way).  It'll look like this:

fitbit-30daygraph.jpg

When she hovers (the mouse pointer) over the last bar, it'll give the numerical figure...  so you can get to it with a couple of clicks.

That said, while I know that looking at things from day to day can be fun and encouraging, I think that looking at the weekly total is more practical:

• When she looks at your name and hers on the leaderboard, they're both based on 7 day total.  So while your day starts at 30,000 steps, hers won't start at zero either.  Assuming that she's been on Fitbit for at least a week, these numbers will be comparable.
  • Sometimes you'll have one day where you won't get a whole lot of steps...  Maybe you're traveling, at a conference, etc.  Looking at one day like that can be discouraging; looking at the week in general gives you a better picture of how you're doing.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @pyromelzar,

Welcome to the community!

It really depends on where you mean on your 'dashboard'.  The online dashboard has several sections (sometimes referred to as tiles).  The 'Today' tile will reflect what you've done today, and resets at midnight, much like what you see on the dashboard on your phone.

What I suspect you're looking at is the 'Friends' section of your dashboard, which has the same figure as your friends leaderboard.  This doesn't show you the daily step count; this shows you the seven day average (the sum of preceding six days and today).  If you want to share your stats from today, just mention the stat that is on your 'Today' tile.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
Ok, yes, that's what I'm seeing. So is there now way to see your daily step total on your friends board or can you only see the seven day total? I and my friend would rather see how we compare today, rather than for the whole week.

Thank you for your answer!
Best Answer

@pyromelzar,

So yes and no... you can't see it directly, but if she clicks on your name on the leaderboard, she'll get your step activity for the last 30 days (provided you set your privacy settings that way).  It'll look like this:

fitbit-30daygraph.jpg

When she hovers (the mouse pointer) over the last bar, it'll give the numerical figure...  so you can get to it with a couple of clicks.

That said, while I know that looking at things from day to day can be fun and encouraging, I think that looking at the weekly total is more practical:

• When she looks at your name and hers on the leaderboard, they're both based on 7 day total.  So while your day starts at 30,000 steps, hers won't start at zero either.  Assuming that she's been on Fitbit for at least a week, these numbers will be comparable.
  • Sometimes you'll have one day where you won't get a whole lot of steps...  Maybe you're traveling, at a conference, etc.  Looking at one day like that can be discouraging; looking at the week in general gives you a better picture of how you're doing.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer