Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting a sleep log overlap error?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I try to correct the sleep hours I get a message " Your sleep log time overlaps with another sleep period."  I certainly am not overlapping anything.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've gotten this error on an infrequent basis when trying to edit the sleep log. The workaround is to delete the entry and create a new one instead of trying to edit the original entry.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @edgarbiii

I'd like to take a closer look at what could be causing this situation. Could you take a screen shot of the message and then post  it here? That way I should be able to determine what is going on.

Look forward to your reply and helping you out make sense of this.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've gotten this error on an infrequent basis when trying to edit the sleep log. The workaround is to delete the entry and create a new one instead of trying to edit the original entry.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Fitbit error.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @edgarbiii and @WavyDavey!

@edgarbiii it seems like the screen shots didn't come through. Could you try to post them directly on the Community? Also, please try@WavyDavey's excellent suggestion. It should do the trick.

Please let us know how it goes.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to add a new sleep log and I keep getting this message: "Logged sleep overlaps with another sleep log." I am not entering any times that overlap with already logged times. Annoying.

Best Answer

Hey @kharbison

Did you try to delete any sleep logs that would overlap with the one that you are entering like @WavyDavey mentioned? That should do the trick in this case.

Look forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's the problem there aren't any that are overlapping, if there were I would have deleted them.

Best Answer

Uh, yeah. What edgarbiii said.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @kharbison, and @edgarbiii.

Thanks for the correction. Still, have you tried deleting any sleep entries for the same day? 

Additionally, I'd like to ask you some questions. 

• When was the last time you had the error? Is it a daily thing still?
  • What trackers do you have?

Look forward to your reply. If you have any further questions, please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes