Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that the computer app has been disabled.....how to covert a run to cycle?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to use my Fitbit phone app to log cycling as RUN....and then covert the RUN to CYCLE using the computer app.  Now that the comp app is gone, how do I make the conversion?  I have had Fitbit for years. I hope I don't have to switch companies so I can get the functionality I need.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @MoniqueC70 If you log into your web dashboard at https://www.fitbit.com/, you can go to your Fitbit device settings (select your Fitbit device under the settings/gear icon). From there, you can manage the exercise shortcuts that show up on your Fitbit tracker, and use "Spinning" or "Bike".

You can also edit the title of your activities in the Fitbit web and app dashboards, directly. Have you tried starting an activity from your Fitbit tracker?

I may be misunderstanding, but I believe you should be able to skip the extra step of logging your cycling session as a run, and then convert the "run" to "cycling".

I hope this helps.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked at your profile and can see that you are a long time Fitbit user.  It sounds like you are doing this rather convoluted tracking because you are using an earlier model that doesn’t have an Exercise app on it.  If I’m right, would you think about upgrading to a current model that will do this for you?

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW Even with the old tracker, @MoniqueC70 should be able to rename the activity directly in the Fitbit mobile app, or on her Fitbit web dashboard. That said, I have experienced occasional difficulties renaming some activities via the web UI.

60+, strength and cardio

Best Answer
0 Votes
Model? I have a Charge 5.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!! But I am using the tracking for distance. The one that shows the
path you took on a map. Which Fitbit only has walk/run options.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahhhh 🙂

You can use those, or bike, or outdoor workout, which will give you a GPS map.

• Login to https://www.fitbit.com/ in your web browser
  • Click the settings/gear icon in the top right corner and select your Charge 5 device
  • Select the GPS settings under the Charge 5 to expand the GPS settings, and you should see options to allow GPS for Run, Walk, Bike and Interval workout

charleskn_0-1672687999057.png

• Update the settings as needed and then select the Exercise Shortcuts under Charge 5, and edit the (up to six) exercise shortcuts that will show up on your Charge 5 device.
    • You can also select and edit the order of exercises that are displayed in your Charge 5 using the Fitbit app under the Settings and selecting your Charge 5, and then exercise shortcuts
  • Once those are saved, just sync your Fitbit app, which should push any changes to your Charge 5 tracker.

Here is a video that may be helpful, and a link to the Charge 5 manual.

And remember that you can always rename workouts directly online or in the app.

60+, strength and cardio

Best Answer
0 Votes