Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oddity on syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit One and just noticed today that it seems to have synced somehow but I'm not sure how!

I tend to keep bluetooth switched off on my phone so that's not how it happened. The dongle is in my latpop at home but I left the house at 7am. However, I have sync data up to 8am!

I am assuming that someone in my office at work has a fitbit dongle attached to their work computer and that it's picked up my device and synced? Is that feasible? It's a bit creepy tbh, not sure I like my data being randomly picked up like that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I think you have answered your own question!

Any switched on computer running the fitbit connect software and with the fitbit dongle in place will sync any fitbit that comes within Bluetooth range. It doesn't have to be your computer or dongle.

All it does is link your tracker to the fitbit servers through the dongle and software so it acts as a gateway and the computer won't have access to, or store, your data.

Hopefully you can live with this as you can't disable it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing has just started happening to me today. I don't have a dongle - and normally only sync on my iphone which I turn bluetooth on, then off to save battery.

I wonder if the charge 2 is suddenly syncing through the macbook pro bluetooth? Otherwise no idea what it's finding to sync.

And, I've noticed there's a hit on my charge 2 battery life, probably as a result.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If a Mac has the fitbit connect software running it normally doesn't require the fitbit dongle to sync nearby fitbits

Best Answer
0 Votes

But I don't have the fitbit connect software running! I've just checked open apps in os/x and it's not listed... and I haven't turning on the option for all day syncing.

So why is my charge 2 spontaneously syncing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid I can't think of any other reason?

Best Answer
0 Votes