Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pace and Active Zone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does Fitbit work in terms of pace and Active Zone minutes? I had a 1.92 run and Fitbit shows it at a pace of 22.32 at 49 minutes which isn't an accurate pace. Did the Active Zone minutes get added to my time but calculated the pace at my actual time? Or did I do something wrong? Thanks for any tips provided!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Odyssey13 ! Thank you for your help and the link to the article. 

Hello @Urban_OC ! A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your messages. 

It seems to be a misunderstanding here. 

Active Minutes and Active Zone Minutes are totally a different feature to the pace measurement. They work totally independent. 

Let me explain myself. 

Active Minutes and Active Zone Minutes show you the time (how long) you have been active or been in a specific heart rate zone. This is measured via your heart rate, type and intensity of your activities, among others.

This time doesn't influence your pace or pace measurement.  

Your pace is measured, according to the time you took to run/walk a defined distance.  That is why you see that  you needed 25.99 minutes do to a mille. 
Witch translates to approximately to: 25 seconds per mile or 144 miles/hour. 

Hope this helps you further. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Urban_OC  see if this article - click - helps you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Odyssey! I did read that page before but it doesn't address if those minutes factor into pace/total time. I can't upload an image but the app says I had 18 minutes in Fat burning zone and 31 Below zone and 18 Zone minutes. 49:36 minutes is what is showing as my total time under the heart rate. The app is showing a pace of 22.32min/mi which isn't accurate for the 1.92 miles I did and it works out to almost 26min/mi. For that pace I should have done this in 43.16 and I'm not sure the actual time since I didn't track that, of course.

Obviously, I'm not a super athlete, but I am playing in a game and my walks need to be under 25min/mi to qualify and this data sent to that app did calculate my pace at 25.99min/mi with the 1.92 miles done at 49ish minutes. I'm just confused why Fitbit calculates a pace that isn't correct given the data on it's own app.

Thanks for any insight you can provide! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Odyssey13 ! Thank you for your help and the link to the article. 

Hello @Urban_OC ! A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your messages. 

It seems to be a misunderstanding here. 

Active Minutes and Active Zone Minutes are totally a different feature to the pace measurement. They work totally independent. 

Let me explain myself. 

Active Minutes and Active Zone Minutes show you the time (how long) you have been active or been in a specific heart rate zone. This is measured via your heart rate, type and intensity of your activities, among others.

This time doesn't influence your pace or pace measurement.  

Your pace is measured, according to the time you took to run/walk a defined distance.  That is why you see that  you needed 25.99 minutes do to a mille. 
Witch translates to approximately to: 25 seconds per mile or 144 miles/hour. 

Hope this helps you further. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer