Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalized or Sedentary settings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I posted this a couple of weeks ago as a question to a current post with no response, so now I'm listing it separately. Several posts mention using the personalized or sedentary settings in your food plan. I have a Charge HR (2016) and cannot find these settings. Where are they?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Carlberg, as @SunsetRunner suggested in the post just above, check the settings in the Food Log:

Screenshot from 2018-03-08 13-49-45.jpg

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello there @LindaLW! Thanks for joining the Community.

There is no specific sedentary or personalized settings as part of the food plan itself. It probably has to do with the Premium service that we offer. It provides you with additional details from the regular Dashboard. Specifically, the activity report which compares your activity level to all of the other users and gives you some insight into it, letting you know if you've been mostly sedentary or active.

I hope this clarifies your question. If you need anything else be sure to let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply, it clarifies the situation.  Premium service is not mentioned in any blog where I have seen these settings mentioned!

Best Answer

Hi @LindaLW!

It's great to know that everything is clear now. If you have the time, I'd suggest you visit one of our Discussion boards. You can talk about a lot of different topics there with other users.

If you have any questions please let me know! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's under food plan. Go to log, then scroll down to food plan and click the little cog inside food plan. It gives a description for Sedentary and Personalized. 

Best Answer

Hi i have a fitbit charge 2 i cant find personalised or sedentary plan on mine any ideas ? Regards Roy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carlberg, as @SunsetRunner suggested in the post just above, check the settings in the Food Log:

Screenshot from 2018-03-08 13-49-45.jpg

Best Answer

Hi Larry i cant find food log how do access it .?regards Roy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carlberg, on the Fitbit.com Dashboard, click on the LOG link at the top of the page. When the Log screen opens, select Food. Then scroll down to the Food Plan and select the Settings gear icon.

Best Answer
Hi still cant see the personalised or sedentary plan can you screenshot it please

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carlberg-

Selection_012.jpg

Best Answer

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was doing my head in many many thanks Larry 

Best Answer
0 Votes

One point - I couldn’t find this on the app. But as soon as I went to the internet and logged in, I could see the above instructions. 

Best Answer

I have a charge 2 and also couldn't find it on my phone app. Log in on a desktop computer, select "Log" at top of page. Go to "Food Plan" at middle of page and look for a small blue gear with a drop down arrow next to it. Click the drop down arrow to toggle between "Personalized" and "Sedentary". Hope that helps!

Best Answer

I am a premium member and am looking for the "gear" mentioned in the following extract from one of your articles:  

"...If you’re not into that system, there’s one change you can make to your settings. Click the food tile on your Fitbit.com dashboard and then “See More.” In the Food Plan section, click the gear icon. This is where you can change your Daily Calorie Estimate setting from “Personalized” to “Sedentary.” The sedentary setting starts you out with a low calorie estimate and lets you “earn” more calories by being active throughout the day."

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 4 and do not need premium to access.  Go to your account with your photo. Under Nutrition and Weight, select Food even though it does look like you can. Help Me Set A Goal or I Want to set my own goal.  Enter weights and then next.  It will come up with Easier, medium, kinda hard, hard.  Then click next.  Helps for those with sedentary jobs to track calories for your appropriate activity level.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe this answer is wrong. I have (and am able to change) the Personalized / Sedentary settings on my dashboard. I am not a premium subscriber. 

On the "Food Plan" tile, I can toggle back and forth between the two, and find my cals out / cals left, etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not true, your answer is incorrect. In the Dashboard, Food Plan tile, you can toggle back and forth to select (either) Personalized (or) Sedentary, and find your Cal allotment for the remainder of the day. 

Best Answer

This is one of the largest tiles on the Dashboard, simple and easy to find. I'm having a hard time understanding how others have replied to this thread, saying it could not be done without a premium subscription (been doing this since day one). Excellent reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes