Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pregnancy Setting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I enter in my Fitbit that I am pregnant? Perhaps I am overlooking something obvious in the app, but I can’t for the life of me find a setting to select. I’m 22 weeks now and have been trying off and on to figure this out since I found out I was pregnant! 🙂 could someone more savvy than me assist??

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @JPhillips13! There's not currently a way to track pregnancy on Fitbit. The only thing, I suppose, is your increasing weight. It might come out in later updates of the "female health tracking," but for now, it's not there.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hi, @JPhillips13! There's not currently a way to track pregnancy on Fitbit. The only thing, I suppose, is your increasing weight. It might come out in later updates of the "female health tracking," but for now, it's not there.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

I love Fitbit and the female health tracking, but also wish there was a pregnancy setting! So much changes during pregnancy, including weight, sleep, and even resting heart rate. Rather than alerting me about a period (which I obviously don't have now), I'd love the option to at least let Fitbit know that I'm pregnant.

Best Answer

I second that, constantly editing a period that isn’t going to come is kind of frustrating.

Best Answer

Exactly this! The female health tracking does not give the option to mark yourself as pregnant so the correct cycle changes apply. Pretty annoying to have a reminder about a period that's not coming, and it would be nice to track symptoms similar to the Ovia Pregnancy app.

Best Answer

agreed, it almost implies pregnant women aren’t active and is very discriminatory! it’s very frustrating to suddenly not be able to use this as a resource. does anyone know if an update is coming? 

Best Answer

Why doesn’t Fitbit have a pregnancy mode? This seems to be an obvious necessity for tracking female fitness. Especially since over 68% of Fitbit users are women. Figure it out Fitbit! 

Best Answer

There isn't technically a pregnancy setting, as stated previously. However, you can go into "settings" in the 'Female Health' section and turn off all predictions and all notifications. They'll show your last cycle as a very long cycle, but you'll be able to correct and edit just as you did before 🙂 Congrats!!!

Best Answer

Hi, thanks for the response and congratulations 🙂 

The work around you mention doesn’t solve the issue. I am a new user and 35 weeks pregnant. So I don’t have historical data to manipulate. I did sync my Flow app with Fitbit but again, it doesn’t resolve the need for more accurate settings on the Fitbit app to reflect the unique physical characteristics of pregnancy. Fitbit is missing the mark here and alienating pregnant women who want to track their fitness using their app. There is also a big amount of fitness data Fitbit is neglecting to collect by excluding this function/mode. There’s a lot they can do to target this market, increase users, important data, etc. 

Best Answer

I agree. I got the Fitbit to motivate me to get moving more and monitor progress. However my heart rate is alot faster than your average non-pregnant female so I wonder what this does to all the statistics? What doesdthis dodto the sleep stats? Having a resting heart rate anywhere between 80-100, it's telling me I'm in fat burn territory? Confused.com. Also with my weight log not considering the weight gain from pregnancy? I'm not sure if any of the tracking will be beneficial at all during pregnancy? Has anyone found a way to use the app being pregnant in an accurate way?

Best Answer

Do you know if they’re planning on adding one or working on it right now? I’ve seen lots of requests for it and heard nothing back anywhere and think this would be a really great and almost necessary setting. I know you can add in if your breastfeeding, but nothing for pregnancy? 

Best Answer
I emailed them specifically asking to add this feature and they said it had
already been recommended. They didn't say if it was something they were
working on or planning to add. Fingers crossed though!
Best Answer
Spoiler
Spoiler
I agree!
My cardio dropped drastically, my Fitbit thinks I'm "overweight", I spend more calories doing the same things, and obviously, my female health is quite different. I wish our Fitbit would be an accompanying tool for our everchanging body during our pregnancy.
Best Answer

Probably because Fitbit doesn't have a lot of women developers or people on their leadership team that would understand why this would be important to pregnant women users.  Can you imagine a demographic that is more interested in monitoring health statistics than pregnant women?  Lost opportunity.

Best Answer

You can tell this was designed by all men. Where’s are the female voices that can bring up the fact women do get pregnant and voice to create that option?

Best Answer

Hard to believe this thread is so old and fit bit has done nothing! Hey fit bit, do you want to start to treat pregnant people like we exist? Because WE DO! Maybe you should hire more women so they can explain how pregnancy works! I know one thing, I’m not buying my daughter a fit bit because I’m not going to support a company that can’t even offer inclusivity to pregnant women. 

Best Answer

And why is this thread marked as “solved” it’s clearly not solved! I’d this thread stays market as “solved” it will continue to fly under the radar and not be addressed. How can we removed the “solved” status and update this to show it is an ongoing issue?

Best Answer

I am also pregnant and frustrated with the lack of a pregnancy setting. I turned off the period tracker in the app, but it still shows on my FitBit and I have also noticed that since my resting heart rate has gone up (which I’m totally normal in pregnancy), my cardio fitness score has gone down. I’m exercising just as often as I did when I wasn’t pregnant, yet I’m being told my health is worse.  

Best Answer

Agreed! I hate that is is giving me feedback that my health is worse when it’s due to pregnancy.... 

Best Answer

Yah!! I feel that. I want to be actively pregnant but the lack of tracking and change in exercise and sleep give me more anxiety than necessary! 

Best Answer