Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer: no pregnancy setting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: THEY REMOVED THIS SETTING

From my understanding the pregnancy setting is active now. What should I set my weight goal to now? Should I set it to gain .5 a week or set tp maintain weight since my calories burned automatically includes the extra pregnancy calories?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Stephdee!

The pregnancy option on the settings was removed some time ago. At this moment, the best way to to adjust your current weight regularly so that the information is as accurate as possible.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Why is not a pregnancy mode in Fitbit app available? The heart rate and the way to exercise is completely different when you are pregnant so would be very helpful to be able to use a pregnancy mode for more accurate data.

Best Answer

Thanks for joining the Forums @AMRS22.

I definitely see how a pregnancy setting would be very useful! As I mentioned previously on the thread, the best way to make your voice heard would be to vote and comment on the feature suggestion board talking about adding pregnancy and nursing settings

Hope to see you around!

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have a charge 2. I don't see the pregnancy setting on my dashboard. Does it exist for this model?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fizzlep, the pregnancy setting would be on your dashboard,  not the tracker. For more info se @LanuzaFitbit's post imeadiatly anove yours. I could not say it better.

Best Answer
I do not seem to have this setting on my dashboard

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Fizzlep, welcome to the Forums. Hello @Rich_Laue.

@Fizzlep The pregnancy setting is no longer available. As I mentioned in my previous post perhaps you could support the idea to add it back in.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer

This question isn't solved. 

Best Answer

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Lpcotter.

Please know that solutions are selected by other members of the Forums and are not determine by moderators or any sort of staff. 

Having said that, I'd like to help you clarify whatever is going on. Could you please let me know what is the questions that you have?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

This really sucks that the pregnancy and nursing option was removed. I used it when I was pregnant with my first one, and was hoping to use it this time. I hope fitbit will consider adding it back. 

Best Answer

Should I bring up the fact that the pregnancy setting that was removed had absolution no affect on the days stats and essentially just a mental feel good settling. removed to stop the confusion. 

Best Answer

A very welcome to the Forums @amnash! Hello @Rich_Laue.

@amnash Like @Rich_Laue mentioned, back then it did nothing to the overall Fitbit experience. Having said that, perhaps you could look into the suggestion I mentioned to have nursing and pregnancy settings. You could vote for it or comment on it to show that you support the idea.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have already had my baby so this does not help me to receive emails about
a question I asked months ago while pregnant. Also I am not using Fitbit
anymore so please I do not want any more emails sent to me
Thanks
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Frances81.

Congratulations on your baby! 

As for not receiving any more emails, you can manually unsubscribe from the thread so that you don't receive any more emails. You can do so by clicking on the gear icon all the way to the top of the thread and then click on the 'Unsubscribe' button that shows on the drop-down menu.

Again, congratulations on becoming a mother. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

I can’t  seem to find the pregnancy option when I go to my personal information. Has it been removed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Syene03!

Indeed the pregnancy option has been removed as it didn't really affect any information.

Perhaps you could support this suggestion to have it added again. You can vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer

Not sure how it would help to react in a thread from 3 years ago to get this option back, apparently 3 years of comments do not help...

The option may not have added value to any statistics, I am quite bugged by the fact that my dashboard keeps telling me that I am gaining weight (and do something about it) while I should not, I am supposed to gain weight. So I think having the option back, making the app understand the weight gain and rise in heart rate would be a necessity, what if someone follows up on the loose weight suggestion? Does not seem like a lot of work if it was already there. 

Also I read that it was removed to avoid confusion. I am sorry, but how can you be confused about that? You are either male and do not have the option, or female and are generally aware if you are pregnant or nursing right? 

Best Answer

I agree totally with what you have said.  Fitbit are excluding a large proportion of their customer base in not offering a facility to monitor fitness in pregnancy.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @RunningMummyJul and @Fallax.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter. 

The confusion was because at the time, that setting didn't change anything in the way the Dashboard recorded your information. So it was removed because it caused confusion on users that activated it.

As for supporting the suggestion, even if it is three years old, it still being paid attention to and all of the support it can receive counts.

Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer

I’m trying what you’ve mentioned and when I click on “view your profile” and then “personal info” I do not see anything about pregnancy to click??

Best Answer
0 Votes