Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Membership Population Statistics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been a Premium Member for a couple years.  I have always wondered about the various population group sizes from which the statistical data is derived.  Can anyone help with the "n" size of the groups?  Thanks!!  GoBigRed

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @GoBigRed! Welcome to the Forums.

The stats delivered from there are based of on all of the Fitbit users, especially people around your same age, sex, and demographics.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Follow up question.  When looking at my demographic in the Premium Membership, your data is compared to everyone in the demographic.  My question is the population of the demographic.  Is the population 100 other folks, or 100,000 other folks?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @GoBigRed.

The comparison is to the general trend of people in your same, or similar, demographic. I wouldn't be able to tell you how many other, specifically, but it does take into consideration the general demographic as  whole. Hope this answers your questions.

If there is anything else you need, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply.
I’m a numbers guy.
Doesn’t quite answer my question as I am looking for a population size, like 1,000 or 10,000 or 100,000.
I know Fitbit is widely used by I suspect over a million users.
I would also suspect 80% of the users load their personal data to the extent they are placed in the correct demographic group.
So when I look at my “numbers” compared within my demographic group, there is some significance to the statistics.

Sam.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GoBigRedWe can only presume Fitbit take into account only active Fitbitters etc with the human frailty of drop off rate, .and by going back only 9 months would take care of that.. I'm also presuming Fitbit take into account the users like me that have multiple accounts because we are numbers people as well. But in a Fitbit population of multi millions that would have little affect.

This link has statistics that will help you and you can put your own interpretation on the data.

Hope this helps,

@GoBigRed wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
I’m a numbers guy.
Doesn’t quite answer my question as I am looking for a population size, like 1,000 or 10,000 or 100,000.
I know Fitbit is widely used by I suspect over a million users.
I would also suspect 80% of the users load their personal data to the extent they are placed in the correct demographic group.
So when I look at my “numbers” compared within my demographic group, there is some significance to the statistics.

Sam.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

why can't i find this feature on the premium site anymore?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@toolieoolieWere you subscribed to Premium.?. because I notice the small plus sign near your profile image name is missing.. Fitbit have discontinued Premium and when our subscriptions expire it will not be renewed..

Sad but true.. and the new Premium Coach doesn't give us what Premium did..

@toolieoolie wrote:

why can't i find this feature on the premium site anymore?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @toolieoolie. Thanks for coming in to help @Colinm39.

@Colinm39 is right on the situation. The premium option has been removed and now you can subscribe for Fitbit Coach Premium. You can read more about it in here.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes