Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prospective Newbie: How to share created foods and meals with my partner?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've set up a free account to see whether the Fitbit system will work for us. Most of it seems fairly intuitive. Lots of basic UK food items from major supermarkets are not in the default database, so I'll have to set a lot of items up. I've set a few foods and meals up, but I can't find a way to share them to my partners account (we've linked up as Fitbit 'friends'). Having searched the forum, I've found a number of threads that state there are Food settings in the Account > Privacy settings, however when I look I don't have a food section. 

I thought perhaps this was because I needed the Premium plan, but can't find any mention of food/meal sharing on the Premium sales page. 

Do I need a device paired before I can see this option?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @SunsetRunner! Unfortunately, Fitbit does not allow you to share foods between accounts. I would suggest checking out myfitnesspal. They do allow you to share food/meals between accounts.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, @SunsetRunner! Unfortunately, Fitbit does not allow you to share foods between accounts. I would suggest checking out myfitnesspal. They do allow you to share food/meals between accounts.

Best Answer

Thanks MakMak. 

I guess if they removed the option there is little point hoping it will arrive anytime soon. Seems crazy that families can't share foods and meals when obviously they're often eating the same stuff. A really quick look at myfitnesspal shows a number of activity trackers listed but no Fitbit ones mentioned, so I guess I'll check it out more thoroughly and maybe look at compatible trackers. 

Best Answer

They actually are compatible. The interface between the two is not my favorite, but it is pretty seamless. I log food in mfp and everything else in Fitbit and it's pretty painless. Their food database is much larger, too. Something to think about!

Best Answer

I'm finding a lot of referrals to MFP, so I will take a better look at it. I'd really prefer to not mess about with two systems which was why Fitbit initially looked like a good option. I don't mind inputting the stuff once if I really prefer the system, but it really is ridiculous not to be able to share it with your family. 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well. As @MakMak mentioned, sharing created food between accounts is currently not available. I think this is a terrific suggestion and I would like to recommend voting and commenting on @GonzaloLugo's recommended idea to implement this feature in a new update, this is the best place to make your voice heard. Smiley Happy

Keep me posted if you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I can't find a way to search only for suggestions, vs getting results with forum posts as well? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well. You can go to the Feature Suggestions page where it's possible to search for suggestions only. Smiley Wink Keep me posted if you need anything else!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure I understand,  at the foot of my food log it mentioned 'shared foods.'  Am I missing something?

@MakMak wrote:

Best Answer

@deeeeps wrote:

I am not sure I understand,  at the foot of my food log it mentioned 'shared foods.'  Am I missing something?

@MakMak wrote:

I think that is exactly what people keep asking... but nobody knows how to use it.... Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes