Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about conflicting info on dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my dashboard I have the two tiles related to food. The one with the dinner plate icon says 54 cals left to eat, and when I mouse over it says 1911 out of 1965 eaten. Ok. The one that looks like a dial says I'm over, and that I've eaten 1911 out of 2788. Now, I have a goal set for 1000 cals under, which makes the second bit make some sense. But in that case I REALLY don't understand anything about what the first tile is telling me. Also, to top it off when I go into the food log it also registers 1911 calories, but then says "You've reached your daily goal of 1959 cals" and if I mouse over that it says that I have an estimated calorie burn of 2959. Both of these numbers directly contridict any of the other numbers. Could you please help me understand what all of this means? Thank you in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Airrame wrote:

On my dashboard I have the two tiles related to food. The one with the dinner plate icon says 54 cals left to eat, and when I mouse over it says 1911 out of 1965 eaten. Ok. The one that looks like a dial says I'm over, and that I've eaten 1911 out of 2788. Now, I have a goal set for 1000 cals under, which makes the second bit make some sense. But in that case I REALLY don't understand anything about what the first tile is telling me. Also, to top it off when I go into the food log it also registers 1911 calories, but then says "You've reached your daily goal of 1959 cals" and if I mouse over that it says that I have an estimated calorie burn of 2959. Both of these numbers directly contridict any of the other numbers. Could you please help me understand what all of this means? Thank you in advance!

The dinner plate is reporting what you've eaten of what it believes your total budget will be for the day. It says you've eaten 1911 cals, and thinks you're going to have a total budget of 1965 cals. That estimate is based on several things; what time of day it is, how much you've exercised so far today, and whether you have your food plan set to "personalized" or "sedentary."

The "eatometer" numbers you see, 1911 vs 2788, are 1911 calories eaten (the knife and fork symbol, referencing the "dinner plate" tile, and 2788 calories burned (the calorie symbol, referencing the activity goals tile, left circle, sencond row).

The eatometer also takes your deficit budget and the time of day into account. Just for example, I'll assume you looked at your tiles at 10 PM. That means that 22/24 of your 1000 calorie daily deficit, or 917 calories, is reflected in the "eatometer" position. So 1911 (what you've eaten so far) plus 917 (the share of your deficit that should be accounted for by 6 PM) equals 2828. Since you've only burned 2788 calories, you're "speeding." You've eaten a bit too much for the time of day to make your 1000 calorie deficit happen.

Now, you know that in the next two hours, from 10 PM to midnight, your body's going to burn a certain number of calories based on your BMR if you do nothing at all. You need to burn a total of 2911 calories to hit your goal for the day, if you don't eat anything else. You've only burned 2788, leaving a "burn deficit" of 123 calories. If your BMR is more than 61.5 calories an hour, you're OK. If not, you need to take a walk around the block or something to get a few more activity calories, so that by midnight your total burn is 2911 or greater.

Finally, even though you've only eaten 1911 calories, your food plan reports "You've reached your daily goal of 1959 cals" because your goal is considered reached if you're with 50 calories either way. You're actually 48 calories under goal, which squeaks into the 50-cal buffer.

Hope this helps!

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Airrame wrote:

The dinner plate is reporting what you've eaten of what it believes your total budget will be for the day. It says you've eaten 1911 cals, and thinks you're going to have a total budget of 1965 cals. That estimate is based on several things; what time of day it is, how much you've exercised so far today, and whether you have your food plan set to "personalized" or "sedentary."

The "eatometer" numbers you see, 1911 vs 2788, are 1911 calories eaten (the knife and fork symbol, referencing the "dinner plate" tile, and 2788 calories burned (the calorie symbol, referencing the activity goals tile, left circle, sencond row).

The eatometer also takes your deficit budget and the time of day into account. Just for example, I'll assume you looked at your tiles at 10 PM. That means that 22/24 of your 1000 calorie daily deficit, or 917 calories, is reflected in the "eatometer" position. So 1911 (what you've eaten so far) plus 917 (the share of your deficit that should be accounted for by 6 PM) equals 2828. Since you've only burned 2788 calories, you're "speeding." You've eaten a bit too much for the time of day to make your 1000 calorie deficit happen.

Now, you know that in the next two hours, from 10 PM to midnight, your body's going to burn a certain number of calories based on your BMR if you do nothing at all. You need to burn a total of 2911 calories to hit your goal for the day, if you don't eat anything else. You've only burned 2788, leaving a "burn deficit" of 123 calories. If your BMR is more than 61.5 calories an hour, you're OK. If not, you need to take a walk around the block or something to get a few more activity calories, so that by midnight your total burn is 2911 or greater.

Finally, even though you've only eaten 1911 calories, your food plan reports "You've reached your daily goal of 1959 cals" because your goal is considered reached if you're with 50 calories either way. You're actually 48 calories under goal, which squeaks into the 50-cal buffer.

Hope this helps!

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes