Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the new website sleep page at fitbit.com/sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

5/25/17 Edit: 

Hi all, we wanted to let you know that you can now see a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph on both our mobile apps and the website. Thanks for your patience while we worked to bring this to you.

4/13/17 Edit: 

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while our team reviewed your feedback. The following points of concern have been addressed:

• Multiple logins required when visiting the sleep page - this has been fixed
  • Count of awake/restless - these stats now appear in the daily sleep record
  • Total minutes awake/restless - this stat now appears in the daily sleep record

The recent changes to the website sleep page were intended to bring it into parity with the mobile app. With the above additions, you’ll now find identical information across these platforms:sleepstuff.pngThe one exception is a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph, which appears in our mobile apps but not the website. Our team is committed to bringing this function to the website sleep page later this year, with the goal of maintaining a consistent interface across all platforms.

Many of you also requested a “sleep quality percentage” stat. Our team has heard this interest, and are always exploring new features and tools that can help our users on their path to improve their sleep, health and fitness.

Thanks again for engaging in constructive conversation around these changes. If you have additional ideas, those can be posted on our Feature Suggestions board

4/4/17 Edit: I met with several teams today to make ensure that these concerns have been fully heard. At this point we've got some potential solutions under consideration, and I expect to hear back next week with something definitive to share with you.

Hi everyone, and thanks for your feedback and suggestions regarding the new Sleep page. I've merged a few threads into this one and updated the subject line to reflect the general discussion. Here are some answers to a couple common questions in this thread:

• How do I view/edit sleep data for an individual day?
    • Got to https://www.fitbit.com/sleep and click on any of the individual days below the bar graph to see data for that day. You can adjust start and end sleep times on this page.
  • Where is "Time to fall asleep"?
    • "Time to fall asleep"doesn't apply to trackers with automatic sleep detection (Flex and newer) - since you don't press a button to initiate sleep mode, there is no gap of time to measure between that action and the start of your sleep.
  • Why doesn't the "Today" button do anything?
    • Our team is looking into this.
  • Why do I have to login again when viewing the sleep page?

I've read through every post here, and it sounds like the feedback and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• I want to see a "Sleep Efficiency" score
  • I want to see the sum or times awake/restless
  • I want to see time duration when mousing over the bar graph
  • I want to see hour data when mousing over the sleep graph
  • I want to manually log multiple sleep sessions per day

To clarify: If you have a Blaze, Charge 2, or Alta HR, you will see Sleep Stages data on this page. The above feedback is from other users who instead see a graph that looks like this:

sleep screen shotsleep screen shot

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. Our team is definitely receptive to your feedback, and we will relay this info to them for consideration as they continue to refine and improve this page in the future.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Best Answer
1,014 REPLIES 1,014

Whenever I've clicked on the "See More" on my Sleep tile on the Dashboard, it's shown me something like Jeni_B posted here on her second screenshot. I was trying to view my sleep graph today, but this was what I get any time I click:

What https://www.fitbit.com/sleep looks like today

What happened to my daily sleep graph with its pink and light blue? I have no use for this 30-day overview right now. Even clicking on "Today" doesn't help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

I have the same issue. The last few weeks of sleep summary graph is useless to me, I want to know what happened last night. I have sleep apnoea and track my sleeping on a daily basis. This graph may be useful to some so have it as an extra, just do not without any advance notice delete a function that has been is use, that is a great way to annoy your customers and to help your competition. Please return the previous daily sleep graph asap.

Best Answer

Same for me; what happened to the one page display of all my sleep times today; the easy entry form and the ability to view all the details for any day in my history.  This new format is useless and for those of us who sleep not all at one period of the day; but at multiple periods; this going back and forth from the main page to each period is useless; the old format with each day on one page was great, this page sucks.

Best Answer

Yeah, the entire reason I got the Fitbit Charge HR was because I have chronic fatigue syndrome and wanted an easy (if imperfect) way to gauge my energy levels based on amount/quality of sleep and activity level each day. (If I go OVER the step goals, etc I set for each day, I know I need to take it easy or pay the price for DAYS later.) I need the old sleep graphs back.

Best Answer

It's awful, I stopped checking my sleep pattern in the app when that one was changed, now the one on the website is exactly the same, and useless to me. It has absolutely none of the data the old one had, time to fall asleep, full time asleep, timestamps when my sleep was interrupted, # of times awake & restless, etc. I bought my original Fitbit specifically for tracking my sleep pattern, now with this change, and the really poor physical quality of the Charge HR, it's time to find a new product.

Best Answer

Scroll down and click on the individual days and it will bring up a more detailed sleep pattern. 🙂

Best Answer

I agree with the others here, the new layout of the sleep graph is not very user-friendly. Having to click into each day to see things is...annoying. The old graphs/setup were much better. Also, there's no way to easily get back to the other log pages - the Food/Activities/Weight/Sleep bar at the top is just gone. Not really impressed...

Best Answer
Even though you can display the night sleep graph by clicking on the day it
is not as convenient as what it was and more important to me is I monitor
how long it takes to sleep and my sleep percentage.

My preference is to make life easier for your customers not more
complicated, as a retired IT professional I see this approach as an elegant
solution by an IT technologist, not a user friendly approach guided by the
users of the output.

Whilst I am an advocate for change to improve things, I vote for a return to
what was there before. I would suggest an improvement to the old daily graph
to include the time awake and restless be added to the times awake and
restless. This would make life easier than having to go back to the
dashboard and make another selection; put it all together on one screen.
Best Answer

I'm also frustrated by the change to the display of sleep data. I liked the quick visual and sleep efficiency % for the previous night's sleep. I can't find any way to look up % in the new display. Guess I could calculate it myself, but that's annoying. 😕

Best Answer
Every single change fitbit has made to these graphs has made them less useful. I manually log sleep the next day and have to guess what time I actually fell asleep, and then woke up. I use the activity bars to do that. But now I can't mouse over it so it gives me the time "awake at 1:14" or "asleep at 1:20." I have to wildly guess. Fitbit, why do you keep doing this to us? I still am angry my Premium subscription doesn't allow me to track total activity calories when I create a plan.
Best Answer

I also manually enter my sleep, and also use(d) the "awake" bars to help me figure out when I went to sleep if I have trouble remembering.

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing. It no longer shows a percentage for sleep quality, or anything else even when I click on the day. It just shows me another graph. Not my Sleep Quality score (percentage of time asleep) Just different colored bars. It's useless now.

It doesn't show time to fall asleep, a sum of how many times awake, or how many times restless. Just a sleep pattern that is absolutely useless to me with out the other data that supports it.

Best Answer

This update is another example of Fitbit's ineptitude WRT to their web pages. Try going to bed at midnight using the new input form where you also have to specify a date. 00:00 today is an invalid time and 12:00 PM yesterday is midday.

Each update to the web interface makes it worse and the reason I use it is because the APPs seem to suffer first.

Best Answer

Hello KaeCee - I have a Flex but I completely agree.  The most important data to me is the sleep tracker - a good night's sleep helps me cope with the stresses of the day and so helps me control my eating.  The new page is TERRIBLE - doesn't give me the data I need.  I forgot to tap my flex to say I was awake.  I knew how to manually input that from my activity levels in the old data but can't see how to do that now.  It's horrible - why do they have to fix something that's not broken? - VERY annoyed

Best Answer

i also dont like it 😞

Best Answer

Same here, absolutely dire change, 18 months of data now useless, thanks a bunch fit(spit)bit

Fitbit, how do we get the old style back??? the data I collect is not in the new style

Best Answer

I'm going to look for a competitor's product that has a better, more informative sleep page display.  Fitbit is ruining it for me, with how they've changed the info shown in the graphs.  What were they thinking?

Best Answer

I woke up and started painstakingly copying my data over into Sleepmeter, which has become even more of a nuisance now that Fitbit have removed the pop-up tags from everything except the Windows 10 app (so far, anyway).  Then I looked for the sleep efficiency and it's gone.  I'm hoping it might come back, as I was led to a page labelled "Error", but I don't think it's likely.  We requested them to more fully integrate it into the app for years and they never would.  I too have ME/CFS, at a severe level, and I absolutely need a way of correlating my activity levels, sleep efficiency, meds and other data.

What alternatives are there for us, assuming that Fitbit doesn't make this usable again?  I'm 4'11 with the small wrists you'd expect, and all of the options I've looked up too far will be way too big for me.

Best Answer

@David.Alldred- it's so much worse now. Not sure if it's just for Charge 2 users, but the sleep graph has been completely replaced. I don't like it and it's not what I bought. Why Fitbit doesn't get that we didn't just buy the hardware, we bought the data and dashboard view of the data that went with it. Mostly bought it for the data. Otherwise, it's just an overpriced, not very good, wanna be fitness watch. The data is (or rather was) the selling feature. And to have that continually being messed with without my consent or the option to view it the way that I want to (and it's not like I asked for change) is infuriating.

Best Answer