Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/11/17: Forced to login twice to view sleep data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/11/2017: Thanks to everyone who took the time to test and update me and confirm that this issue has been resolved!

I will be closing this thread as the issue is now resolved. If you come across this in a future instance, please create a new thread and use this as a reference. Again, thank you to everyone who took the time to report and confirm this as resolved.

Fitbit Update 04/05/2017: Hey everyone -- Thanks for your reports. Our site team is already aware of this issue and working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience but will have an update as soon as I hear one from the team. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

Ditto!!!

Best Answer

Yeah, the redirect to the login has to be a glitch; Fitbit should fix it If it's a security thing, it should occur on the initial sign-in, then all should be good to go, right?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@LainieF

What I don’t get is why does my Sleep log and Dashboard show the current day as me having logged sleep?

I haven’t gone to bed yet, it is still daytime! And I have been moving around.

Is this happening to anybody else’s Sleep Log or Dashboard?

Makes no sense to me at all.

None.

Just a silly display that means absolutely nothing to my well-being.

Nothing.

Best Answer

@BuffaloBob wrote:

What I don’t get is why does my Sleep log and Dashboard show the current day as me having logged sleep?

The sleep event is created & logged when the sleep period ends. So, regardless of when the sleep period started, whether before midnight last night or after midnight early this morning, if the sleep period ended this morning that is when the sleep log is created.  If it is a "silly display" that means nothing to you, just ignore it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, the redirect to the login has to be a glitch; Fitbit should fix it!

If it's a security thing, it should occur on the initial sign-in, then all should be good to go, right?

Best Answer

That is the way it used to work but ever since Fitbit rolled out this sleep "enhancement" (insert eye-roll here) I have gotten this double log-in.

Best Answer

The previous Log worked well and gave me information that is useful to me, as I suffer from a sleep disorder. The new format does not provide that information, therefore, I find it to not be of use to me.

I did not purchase a tracker to have someone tell me to ignore a function that is part of the reason I got a tracker in the first place.

Thanks for your input, but it is not constructive, in that it does not solve the problem.

Also, I did not ask for your advice.

Have a great day!

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 04/05/2017: Hey everyone -- Thanks for your reports. Our site team is already aware of this issue and working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience but will have an update as soon as I hear one from the team. 

Best Answer

This has been happening for almost 2 weeks now - hard to believe a glitch like that can't be quickly corrected!

Best Answer

It has been three weeks now since this system error was introduced and it still has not been resolved.

I am not impressed by the support of the fitbit product.

Best Answer

Still having issue except now this is what I get when I login the second time... "404 UH-OH We've lost you.  We cannot find the page you're looking for. Is there a typo in the URL?"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 04/10/2017: Hi everyone and @schnauzermom @LainieF @AM1959 Thanks for your reports! It sounds like our team has been hard at work at getting this resolved. I need your help to confirm if it is indeed resolved. Can you please try going to www.Fitbit.com/sleep and confirm if you have to log in again? 

Thank you for being willing to help! Will be looking out for your updates!

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I go to the sleep log for the first time, I am taken right to my sleep log without having to log in a second time. If I try to access another day, I am still receiving the "404" error message.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AM1959 Glad to hear you no longer have to log in for the 2nd time.

As for the 404 error, I was unable to replicate on my end. Can you do me a favor and try on multiple browsers and from different computers/mobile devices if available? If it's still happening from other machines/devices, can you please share a screenshot and details of your testing from other browsers? Thank you so much for giving it a try! Looking forward to hearing how that testing turns out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

The quick view option on the dashboard for the sleep log is still absent.  However, we are no longer being asked to log in when we click the for more details. 

The view of the sleep log is new - similar to the mobile app.  Is this intended?  And are we going to get the % information back?

The 404 page appears when Learn more is clicked from the Sleep Pattern | Today page.

Hope this helps.  I am using Firefox.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I was able to get into the sleep page without signing in again!
Best Answer

It seems that the double logon issue has been resolved. 

All the other issues are still outstanding and we have not received a recent update. Is there a timeline for resolving those issues as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@yfilter @LainieF The view of the new sleep page at Fitbit.com/sleep is an intended change. I recommend checking out the updates in this thread for more information on the recent changes to the sleep page.

Thanks for the direct link, this was super helpful! Our team is aware of the issue and it should be resolved soon.

@yfilter @schnauzermom @LainieF Thank you for confirming that this issue has been resolved. I appreciate your help.

Fitbit Update 04/11/2017: Thanks to everyone who took the time to test and update me and confirm that this issue has been resolved!

I will be closing this thread as the issue is now resolved. If you come across this in a future instance, please create a new thread and use this as a reference. Again, thank you to everyone who took the time to report and confirm this as resolved.

Best Answer