Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: American Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, November 3, 2019

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in North America (and some of Central America) this Sunday morning. Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:

The time on your Fitbit device  may be incorrect by 1 hour

- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct, and then manually sync your device.

- Adjust your account's time zone settings as detailed here.

Sleep logs may be off by 1 hour and graphs may show incorrect data

- Edit your sleep log to show the correct amount of time you were asleep. Use the steps here.

Alarms may be incorrect by 1 hour

- We recommend setting a backup alarm until you verify that the time on your Fitbit device is correct after the time change. After you sync your device and verify it shows the correct time, all alarms should be accurate.

Hourly activity goals and reminders to move may change to a different time frame

- If you’re concerned about being accidentally woken by your reminders, you can temporarily turn them off and then enable them again the next day. See instructions here.

After you sync your device on Sunday and it updates to the new time, you should be all set. If you tried the troubleshooting steps above and still have difficulty, note that these issues should resolve themselves the next day. Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
168 REPLIES 168

Thanks @MattFitbit . Any chance you could tell my atomic clocks to get the right time? Fitbit usually gets the time right before my LaCrosse brand clocks do. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the correct time but not the activity time and it won’t let me adjust the time. 

Best Answer

I'm trying to change the Hourly Activity settings and the app keeps changing it back by an hour no matter what I do. And digging through these forums I see that Fitbit has known about this problem for at least three years. Why hasn't it been fixed?

Best Answer

Synched, unpaired and repaired, charged, restarted phone, etc. Time still not corrected

Best Answer

Same here. And then my Fitbit just freaked out and isn't turning on...

Best Answer

I was awake from 2:45am (the second one) until 3:30am. The app won’t let me correct the sleep log because “I already have a log during that time”, which isn’t true. 😠

Best Answer

I’m glad I am not the only one having this problem. This has happened every time the clock changes which is twice a year for ever, you would think that it would be fixed by now, very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I tried the app and phone re- start and nothing works.  Manual synching is super slow.  I was able to fix it by going to the site using my computer and doing an edit under “edit sleep” and adding 1 extra hour to the end time. May I suggest the following piece of code to fix the problem: if day= daylight savings time then (t2+60) - t1 else t2-t1 end. That should work all the time. 

Best Answer

I can’t adjust the time of sleep if I wake up at 7, which would have been 8 before the end of daylight savings time, because it is not yet 8 and I can’t change it to a future time.  Also, if I wait until 8, then does it wipe out my steps that took place between 7 and 8 because it assumes I was sleeping? Or does it assume I was sleepwalking?  This is one case where the solution has to be something based on the actual time spent, and not subtracting start time from finish time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just curious as to why this is such an issue in America? Over here in good old Blighty, i've never had any issues with the clocks changing twice a year.

Best Answer

This is the first time I have had an issue with the time changes. I have the correct time on my HR however it is saying that I was awake from 1 a.m. to 1:50 a.m. and that's when it starts clocking my sleep cycles. I went to bed a little after 1 a.m. before the time change. I wasn't awake for almost an hour in fact I fell asleep almost immediately. I have synced several times. I have tried editing my sleep several times. I wonder if Google taking over Fitbit will be an improvement. There have been just too many things that don't work on the Fitbit anymore.

EDIT:  after syncing once more, I got the correct sleep cycle patterns but it was off by an hour. So I went in and edited the time again, and now I have inaccurate modified simple sleep pattern which is still the incorrect amount of time that I slept.

Philippians 4:13 Cancer Survivor Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans
Best Answer

Delete the one they put in and then put the correct times in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get the HR to get on sync with the time? Even though I synced it and the sleep is correct my HR time is still off by 1hr.

Best Answer

Daylight savings is a practice to make better use of sunlight. Basically having an hour more of sunlight either in the morning or evening. In the Fall, we set our clocks back an hour at midnight to eleven pm and in the Spring, at midnight we set our clocks to one am. Obviously it can cause some havoc with some electronic devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know what daylight savings time is and the purpose. I just wanted to know how to fix the HR time issue, that's all. 

Best Answer

I did put my own times in. It gave me the basic sleep pattern  

Philippians 4:13 Cancer Survivor Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my phone and successfully manually synced my Versa. Time is still not corrected.

Best Answer
Ahhh. Well that's the question.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I fixed sleep log but my heart rate log time is still off by 1 hour.
Best Answer
0 Votes