Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, March 10, 2019

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding with issues related to Daylight Saving Time changes. If you are still seeing unexpected behavior on your device, please perform a manual sync by following these steps. Once your device has synced, you should see everything working properly again.

If this doesn't help, we'd expect the next midnight rollover tonight to help get things back to normal. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are ensuring that the concerns in this thread are heard by the larger team. 

Daylight Saving Time will take place in North America (and some of Central America) this Sunday morning. Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature the next day.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

We recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set. If you've tried the above troubleshoots and still have difficulty, rest assured that these issues should resolve themselves the next day. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
183 REPLIES 183

how do you restart fitbit charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're having trouble syncing, try toggling bluetooth on your phone on and off. If that doesn't work, then reboot your Fitbit device. Swipe left on the device until you get to settings. Click on that and scroll down until you get to About. Click on that and scroll down to Reboot Device. Click on that and your device will automatically restart. It will take about a minute for it to reboot. Then go to the app and re sync. If that doesn't work, try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work, you should contact Fitbit support so they can troubleshoot it for you. I hope this helps!

Best Answer

Charge 3 battery was at about 80% when I went to bed last night.  Woke at 4 am to a totally dead battery. Plugged it into the charger phone still said 11:34 pm.  Synced and now the time/date is right but have had it plugged in for an hour and its still on 1% when on the charger and no battery icon shows up.  yes I've reset the charger, cleaned the pins and done everything I can but if I remove it from the charger it's dead. help!  UPDATE...they're sending me a new tracker.

Best Answer

forgot to mention battery icon is not  showing up.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matthew, this message has been put up year after year, twice a year (with slight variations for the two different time changes, of course), but it seems that Fitbit has done nothing to provide us with a actual solution other than “wait and it will fix itself.” I am specifically asking why your software developers haven’t created a way to more smoothly handle the time change? Computers can automatically update with the time change. Cell phones automatically update. My home phone and cable box automatically updates. But my Fitbit app? Gotta wait a day or two. You know this happens. Someone needs to fix it instead of just putting this same message up every year. 

Best Answer

Hello Mathew, 

Is it possible that for the same reason my ionic this morning turned off? I can't get it on anymore, not with reset and not with charging? 

With kind regards Saskia

Best Answer

What if my watch won't turn back the hour even after all the restarts and syncs?

Best Answer

What happend if my watch won't turn back to the correct time after I restart it and sync it?

Best Answer

Fitbit Versa will not come back on after time change. It was working when I went to bed, but now a black screen. I’ve tried to sync and pressing two buttons for a minute and then three buttons for more than four minutes. Can someone give me some more advice? Please. I’ve only had the Versa for less than three months. It is very frustrating.

Best Answer

My versa did the same thing this morning! I've never had that happen before. Still won't turn on....or rather, the screen is blank and unresponsive.

Best Answer

Totally agree.  Where is the software team?  We all know when the time change is comming and the watch knows the date...

What I want to know is why at 8am, the morning after spring ahead, my dumb watch ionic has a sleep log that shows I slept until 9am?  If anything it should claim 7am so the math hours work out right on the summary...

Best Answer

Same! Please help!

Best Answer

Totally agree.  Where is the software team?  We all know when the time change is comming and the watch knows the date...

Screenshot_20190310-081956_Fitbit.jpg

What I want to know is why at 8am, the morning after spring ahead, my dumb watch ionic has a sleep log that shows I slept until 9am?  If anything it should claim 7am so the math hours work out right on the summary...

Best Answer

Sadly, my fitbit went onto daylight savings time, unlike the rest of the clocks here in Arizona--we don't do daylight savings time.  I've tried resyncing it with my phone (which knows better) a dozen times but I'm afraid my Charge 3 is still marching to the beat of its own drummer.

Best Answer

You can see the android system time was 8ish at the top right and my screen shot shows it logged until 9.  Nice feature that I can do all this in my sleep.  What an efficient way to go though life.  Is this all a dream? Lol

Fitbit 10 years in the game and still cant handle a simple time change.  Software developers live a couple try where they dont do do daylight savings... 

Best Answer

My Fitbit Ionic won't sync to Daylight Savings time.

Please help!

Best Answer

Fitbit Versa - I woke up to a blank screen as well, plugged it in to charge the battery but nothing is happening.  I had it on all-day sync.  Are you going to tell us what we can do?  Should I return my device. MatthewFitBit please give us some direction/advice for the folks who have completely dead/unresponsive devices.......

Best Answer

This is pathetic. How have you not figured out how to fix this by now? I've been trying to fix my "reminders to move" since I woke up, the band is fully synced but your app keeps changing my set time of 9 to 5 to any start hour than 9 am. Come on, GYST!

Best Answer

My sleep tracking is incorrect, and the option to edit the log is missing.  Have the options been changed?

Best Answer