Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Hourly activity goal issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Update 06/15/17: Engineers are actively working on this issue, and we hope to update you with good news soon.

Update 05/15/17: One fix caused another issue. This issue is not resolved and engineers are actively working on getting it fixed. Thanks for your patience while we sort this out!

Update 05/09/17: This issue should now be resolved, and is a retroactive fix, so if you go backwards in your hourly activity graph, the correct dots should be filled in. Thanks so much for your patience!

Update 4/18/17: Engineers are still looking into a couple of complicated Hourly Activity Goal issues. Here are the issues we're aware of:

-Hourly activity dots don't match up on the mobile app (iOS/Android/Windows) and Charge 2 or Blaze

-Hourly activity dots don't match up on the fitbit.com desktop and Charge 2 or Blaze

If you're experiencing the above issues, please know our engineers are aware and working on this and we'll update you when we have anything to share. 

Best Answer
317 REPLIES 317

I have been having this same issue. I also notice when I look at my hourly activity that it does not even come close to the steps that I have taken for the day. Today I had 12715 steps. My hourly activity only adds up to 2961 in hourly detail. That's a huge difference. Here are pics/screenshots that I took to show the issue. IMG_6550.PNG

IMG_6551.PNG

IMG_6552.JPG

IMG_6553.JPG

IMG_6554.PNG

Notice on the tracker i got 5 of 8 hours but only 1 of 8 hours in the app. Frustrating to not be able to trust the data. Think I'll make the switch to another platform soon. 

Best Answer

This has been going on for some time. I read a bunch of these but didn't see an additional complaint - I was challenged this week and meeting your hourly step goal was part of the challenge. Is it safe to assume this is happening with everyone or is it on Android?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on Apple but I've seen screenshots people have been sending in that were Android phones.  This is ridiculous that there's five pages of replies for the same problem.  I assumed after the firmware update the other day and app updates that surely one of them would fix this problem.  But lo and behold, yesterday, I get the 10 out of 10 hours animation but on my app and on the dashboard on the website, 9 of 10....so still not fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definetly not just one platform unfortunetly. They need to fix this, surely it's not so complicated that it is taking this long. They don't appear to have fixed this on any of the platforms yet. I get that it can take time to make it compatable for all phones but this is rediculous, I genuinely believe Fitbit is still the best in terms of functionality but Samsung or even Apple are going to surpass them at this point. (I say Apple because they have a long way to go when it comes to battery life until they become a serious competitor for me)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had such problems for about three times. Request to let me know when a fix is made available.

Thanks 

Thampi 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto, same problem, very irritating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where should we look for an update? This thread? I've been having this issue lately as well.

Best Answer

4-22 still an issue.  Tracker says 11 of 12 hours and app on Windows 10 says 10 of 12 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TerriM241, actually it is a little complicated,  this discrepancy doesn't affect everyone and for those that it affects it is inconsistent. This makes it is harder to track down, now if it allways happened to specific peaple it would be a lot easier. Think of it as the car that only works correctly when it is at the repair shop. As for as we know a cause might have been found, and they are now working on a solution.  After a solution has been found, things need to be tested to make sure no other problem apears. We simply dont know.at what stage things are.

I remember one problem in the past was tracked down to interferance between Fitbit and an unrelated but popular app.

Best Answer

It is also occurring on the Alta, as seen in hundreds of posts across multiple threads in the FitBit forums.  Fitbit representatives have been saying you've known about the issue for over a year now and promising your engineers are working on it, so this latest post is not helpful.

If this is a known issue with the Hourly Activity feature, why is the feature still being included in the marketing of the device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, everybody. This is my first post, and I hope to be active here. Robot Happy

I have seen this same issue several times over the last few months, and I am fairly confident that for each occurrence I was trying to get my steps in at the last minute of the hour, usually at :58 or :59. I have never seen the problem where I got my hourly steps in earlier in the hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still, this issue is happening for so long.... You should invest more into pleasing your costumers, not take years to fix it.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm been having the same issue as well.  My Blaze tells me I've met my hourly quota, and the step screen within the iPhone app confirms it, but the dashboard tile does not:

The web site says the same thing - more than 250 steps were logged in the 7:00 AM hour but that is not reflected in the tile:

It's also interesting that the iPhone app tile on the dashboard is labeled correctly (right end of the "rainbow" at 3:00 PM) while the web version is labeled 4:00 PM - but that might not be related at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to read through everything to see if this was mentioned yet, but I think I know what the problem is (and it has been happening more and more since the device upgrade a couple weeks ago). If you reach 250 steps at the end of the hour and you get a notification on your tracker that goes unchecked (meaning, you don't hit the button to clear the notification), it will register on the tracker as a complete hour, but never in the app. This happens literally every single day for me and it's driving me crazy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has also been noted that by doing 350 steps in a hour the app will agree with the tracker. I haven't read anything about 300 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kindofadraag- Altas don't have buttons. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

CallieFitbit - a few months ago you said that the techheads were working on this problem, however it still exists. Any update? I have the same issue with my Charge 2. If you go into the steps in the app and touch on each 15 minute block they can add up to more than 250 (just like my watch says) but it still doesn't register as an active hour. I like to go boom...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Almost a year on and still not solved? Brand new Charge 2, completely up to date app - tracker itself records but the dash does not for 9am and 11am. How am I suppose to achieve and record my goals if this doesn't work? 

Best Answer

Hi all - please refer to the first post in this thread for any updates. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please include the Alta.  If you read thru the many threads on the forum you'll see that Altas are affected as well.

If you are not going to fix the problem in the Alta, please indicate that in your post.  This will help me in getting a refund from Amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes