Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Inviting Someone To Your Group

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started a group and invited all my friends to join for our organized challenges. Unfortunately, many of them either missed or never received the invite. It is showing on the group board that they have been invited, though. Is there a way to send the invite again, or to un-invite and then re-invite them? I have tried everything I think should work to make this happen with no luck. 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I do not know of any way to re-invite.

Can you send them an Email with a link to the group?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you get the link to the group? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know how to answer how I get the link to the group to send along to those that didn't receive their invite to my private group? I hate how unintuitive Fitbit is and how the developers simply haven't thought through things. I feel like this company is being run by 3 9 year olds. 

Best Answer

Wendy - How would I find that link? I get into it from my app on my iPhone, which of course doesn't provide a link, and when I get into FitBit online on my laptop, I for some reason cannot see my private group, so no way to get a link there either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wendy - how do I get that link?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  I am now running into the same problem.  Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MMMChicago Hey there. Thanks for getting in touch about this, I see where you're coming from. 

In order to provide you with the best information possible, please reply to the following questions: 

- Is it a closed group in the Fitbit Community?

- Is it a Challenge within the Fitbit app? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's a closed group. I sent invites a couple of months ago and now I
realize that many of those people never saw the invite. It would be helpful
to be able to "nudge" them or re-invite.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree 100%. This happened in the private group I put together and it was never resolved. I restarted a new group

and the same thing happened again. This is a huge glitch and super annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As you can see above, Wendy suggested I copy the “link” to the private group and send that out to those that had been invited but didn’t receive it. I replied to her and asked several times for further explanation, with no response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And never received an answer from FitBit either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JacqueRiehl @MMMChicago Thanks for getting back. 

The closed groups are only available through the app, therefore, you'll receive the invite in the Fitbit app. Please advise your friends to check their Fitbit app push notifications by doing the following: 

- Check the main page of the Fitbit app 

- Tap on the envelope in the upper right corner 

- Notifications 

If you have invited someone previously, you'll see "Invited" in the friends list when you try to invite more people. Also, please confirm that they have the latest Fitbit app installed

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That all makes sense. What would be really awesome to see a couple of new
Fitbit features:

1. A way for the invited person to decline (so that I/users would know if
they just don't want to be a part of the group)

2. A "nudge" feature similar to gaming apps -- to remind people there is an
invite waiting for them.

The problem seems to be that the invites are sent and they get lost in the
shuffle of all the messages people receive over time. I was able to get one
friend to go through everything and she found the invite....but not
everyone is willing to do that.

Thanks for your help and input.
Best Answer

@MMMChicago Thanks for getting back. I'm glad that the information shared was useful. 

I would love to see your ideas posted in our Feature Suggestion board, those are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. This will give users the option to vote and comment on it to show their support. Keep in mind that they should be posted separately, this way our team will properly categorize it. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes