Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Received erroneous lifetime badge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/14

This issue should now be resolved, and the erroneous badges have been removed. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

Our team is aware that some Fitbit users have received an erroneous lifetime badge and we are currently working to resolve this problem. Thanks for everybody’s patience while we work this out and we will keep you posted with updates in this thread!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
246 REPLIES 246

My Fitbit page says I've walked about 3,600 miles but I was just given a "Great Wall" distance badge, which is for 5,500 miles.  Does this include all the fitbits I've used?

Best Answer

I recieved my India badge (1,997 miles) 4 days ago.  Today it gave me both by Monarch Migration (2,500 miles) and Sahara (2983 miles) badges.  I did not change any settings.  I would like it to return back to where I really am - 2,060 miles.  Can this be reset?  If so how?

Best Answer

I think there's a glitch in the system.  I know several people (including me) who were just awarded distance badges they're nowhere near earning . . .

Best Answer

Strange.   I just got an email that I got the Great Barrier Reef Badge for walking 1600 miles....

But I have only walk 1147.93 miles. 

Sure enough it shows up on badges... 

badges.JPG

Isn't that odd?

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer
I just received the Great Barrier Reef (1600 miles) Japan (1869 miles) and India (1997 miles) badges all at once, but I'm only at 1520 something lifetime miles. Is there a way to reverse these unearned badges? I'd like to only receive them when I've earned them. Sounds silly but it's part of the motivation.
Best Answer
Same thing happened to me!!! I want my old dashboard and old results
Best Answer

I've had a similar problem - although I was given the Nile badge with only 2,990 miles.  I only earned Sahara yesterday, so that's a pretty big jump in one day!

Best Answer

I was just awarded, Japan, India, Monarch Migration and the Sahara and my lifetime distance is 1,857. There must be a glitch in the system. I am on hold with customer service to find out what the problem is. I was one day away from actually earning Japan...so not happy that I got awarded 4 badges that I didn't earn.

Best Answer

Same for me. I was awarded badge I am about 250+ miles short of earning. I noticed that a bunch of us in a challenge all earned badges in the same time frame. 

Best Answer
I have just received Italy, Australia, and 200lb badges, all incorrectly. Deleted the weight badges but can't do anything about the distance ones...
Best Answer

Hi @Chrism2323

Merged your post previously posted in the Charge HR section with @JohnRi 's thread in the Fitbit.com Dashboard section regarding the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please let me know what customer service tells you. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the last 30 minutes I received the Nile, Africa, Great Wall, and Russian Railway. Definitely sounds like a glitch. My actual lifetime miles is only 3,856.39.

Best Answer

Me, too! It must be system wide. I want it fixed. The Badge system is very important to me as a motivator.

Best Answer
I just got my earth badge when it clearly states my lifetime distance is under 5000 miles.... I can't tell if it gave me all the badges leading up to earth
Best Answer

I unlocked the serengeti badge today, yay! Only when I looked at lifetime miles it shows that I've walked 406 miles, not 500. Did they lower the requirement for the badge or was my earning it erroneous or perhaps just premature?

Thanks in advance for any insight into the matter.

Best Answer
I seem to have received both the Italy badge and New Zealand badge today and doing a rough tally I'm pretty sure I've only got up to the Italy badge so far; so why have I received the New Zealand badge and how do I get rid of it until I do earn it? (Nobody likes a cheat :-p)
Best Answer

In the space of the last 15 minutes, I just received 2 incorrect Fitbit badges: Monarch (2500 lifetime miles - my online Fitbit data shows that I haven't even reached 1700 lifetime miles yet) and 200 lb weight loss (I don't even weigh 200!!).

What do I need to do to correct these badges?

Best Answer
Yesterday I learned the Great Barrier Reef badge, for 1500 lifetime miles. Today I learned the Monarch migration badge, for 2500 lifetime miles. I went through and, by calculating my lifetime steps, I have determined that I am just over 1500 miles, so I dont deserve the Monarch. Wtf?
Best Answer
0 Votes