Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving unwanted emails

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even though I have all emails turned off in my settings, I still receive email notification. I do not want them at all. And if this issue can't be resolved quickly, I will stop using Fitbit as my activity tracker.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The low battery message hit again and finally no email response. So it looks like you guys fixed the bug in your system. I will mark this as resolved now.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Forums @BubbaDave.

Getting all those emails you don't want can definitely be annoying.

I'd like to take a closer look at what is going on. What type of emails are you receiving? Do they have to do with the Dashboard information or is it related to marketing?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure which e-mails @BubbaDave has been receiving, but I too have started getting e-mail notifications even though I have everything turned off. In my case it's mainly related to low battery alerts.

Even when I click the link to unsubscribe from these alerts they continue coming despite the statement that my settings have been updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I received 2 emails about the two comments on this post. even though I have ALL email notifications turned off. I don't want to receive ANYTHING via email. Never for any reason at all. And yet I still receive them. The primary reason for my original post though was for the low battery notifications which as I stated are turned off, but still go through anyway.

Best Answer

Uncheck the box at the top right corner (Email me when someone replies) when you reply/type up a new post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even though that's not the answer to my question, it's also a wrong response. I have that box unchecked, and am still receiving emails. Personally, I find it VERY rude and insulting when a person chimes in to help with information that is not helpful as well as being off base or in some cases completely incorrect. Next time, please know what you are talking about before offering your assistance. That was just a bonus problem on top of the actual problem. Which is the Fitbit system sending emails WITHOUT permission. I'm fairly certain that that's breaking some privacy laws.

Best Answer

I also, on top of making sure to un-check the box have went to the original post and clicked unsubscribe. Let's see if the spam still continues while trying to get the actual problem solved, which was stated in the first and second response I sent. Unsubscribed emails being sent for various notification, namely low battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, @BubbaDave and @Mukluk4.

@Mukluk4 Thanks for coming in to help.

@BubbaDave and @SunsetRunner, thanks for letting me know what type of emails you continue to receive. I'd recommend that we try to enable the battery notifications and then disable them once again. For future reference for you or other users, this can be done by:

1. Go into the notification settings on your web Dashboard.
  2. Check the box next to the type of notification you are still getting.
  3. Scroll down and click on Save.
  4. Then uncheck that box once again and click on Save once more.

Please keep me posted on how this goes or if there are any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I turned on all emails and then saved and turned them all off and saved again. We will see. Also, I received an email for your response here even though I had it turned off. Most likely these are bugs in your system that are ignoring preferences on email notifications. It should be looked into quickly because this is an unacceptable thing for a company to default to user error first instead of checking their system first. This seems the default response for every company I deal with and it really gets old.

Best Answer

@BubbaDave Our team is aware that some users have been receiving the low battery email, even though they have opted out of receiving this. It should be resolved, if you are still receiving the emails after 24 hours let me know. 

@LanuzaFitbit awesome seeing you as always! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even though I turned the box off, I still received an email when you replied. Why is the box there if you're system isn't going to do as it shows? I don't want any more replies or emails. If I get another email notification on my next low battery, I'll reply again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BubbaDave -

I suspect there is a big difference between subscribing to a topic where you get emails when anyone posts to the topic regardless of how they reply and.......

When someone specifically calls out to you using the @-sign.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

While that is a fair point, and I did consider it. I don't see a box to turn that off. As was stated, I have the radio button selected that says,

" No Emails "

And I thought that was pretty straight forward. Sending emails for any reason without permission is email spam. Which is the topic that has been given. And as per the request I will be checking on my next low battery to see if that part of the problem is fixed. But as long as I keep getting spam emails for this thread, I will keep complaining because they are being sent without my permission. If you don't like that, then by all means fix it. 

PS. I know that the no emails button I have selected doesn't actually apply to what I'm talking about. But since it's the ONLY ONE that we are given, it was shared to prove my point further.

I have also dug around in the community section and the separate settings page for notifications and manually disabled the defaulted to spam options for email notifications to all be off. So as I said, we'll see if I keep getting these unwanted emails in my inbox or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And also make sure whenever you are replying to a topic make sure the "Email me when someone replies" checkbox is unchecked (top right section of the reply area and just below the, in this case "Re: Email spam" line.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

The low battery message hit again and finally no email response. So it looks like you guys fixed the bug in your system. I will mark this as resolved now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KateFitbit@BubbaDave and @MrMarv.

@KateFitbit Thanks for the update!

@BubbaDave Glad to know read that. I understand your frustrations with the emails and appreciate your patience an understanding.

@MrMarv Thanks for coming in to help! 

Please let me know if there are any questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes