Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requests from random unknown people

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I keep get random friend requests once or twice a week from complete strangers even though I have added exactly zero friends on fitbit. How is this even possible? I am starting to worry how fitbit is sharing my information. I found some old threads related to this topic but not one of them appears to have been adequately resolved. Is anybody else having this same issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I too have been getting friend requests saying they need someone to help motivate them so I accepted the first couple but then quickly realised they had no activity so thought what was the point. Still no activity after a while so I thought you cannot want motivation that much and deleted them. I get at least one or two a week check their profile and no activity I see ever recorded??? Something dodgy I guess, I no longer accept and always ignore. Would be great to know why this os happening?

Best Answer

I’m getting the same requests also - almost every day.   Not funny at all.  It started about a week or more.  I never added Friends on Fitbit.  I like my privacy. Actually love it.  Never had this problem in the many years with Fitbit.    This has to change.   I never gave permission to vive away my e-mail address nor any other Personal Information to anyone. 

Best Answer