Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching activity groups

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everybody,

I was just wondering if there is a way to search through activity groups, like, using a search bar? I can't see one and I find it hard to believe that the only way to find a group is to scroll through thousands of alphabetically categorized groups. 

Thanks,

Flo

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@florida19951995 wrote:

Hey everybody,

I was just wondering if there is a way to search through activity groups, like, using a search bar? I can't see one and I find it hard to believe that the only way to find a group is to scroll through thousands of alphabetically categorized groups. 

Thanks,

Flo

@florida19951995 Welcome... Try this link which I have found to be beneficial.

http://relliker.com/

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

@florida19951995 wrote:

Hey everybody,

Thanks,

Flo

@florida19951995 Welcome... Try this link which I have found to be beneficial.

http://relliker.com/

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@florida19951995 Glad to help.  I have asked the moderators why the odd search facility.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same question.  When I click on "Go to Solution" I don't see a solution.  Have you found an answer to this question?  Nevermind.  I see the link now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ilse49 wrote:

I have the same question.  When I click on "Go to Solution" I don't see a solution.  Have you found an answer to this question?  Nevermind.  I see the link now.

@ilse49 Many of us have used this third party link over the last few years which has a wonderful interface in this link . This is the same URL in my original post. It isn't a solution for the Fitbit shortcomings but gives you the power of real searching.

Fitbit are working on improving the Active Groups interface but I would recommend you use the search above until that happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ilse49 wrote:

@ilse49 Apologies I didn't read your intial post entirely..

I trust the link gives you what you want...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link i shelpful, yet I can't find the specific group I want by the name provided to me by people who belong to it.  frustrating... oh well

Best Answer
@NancyPat. Can I help because Relliker is very good at searching body text as well
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @NancyPat! Also, thanks for coming in to help @Colinm39

@NancyPat What would be the group that you are trying to find? I'd like to verify if I can help you with this.

Also, perhaps you could contact the group's administrator  and have them help you locate the group. They should be able to help you.

Look forward to assisting you on the matter. Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was looking for any group associated with my employer TransUnion.... If you could help me find one, specifically in Canada, I would be most appreciative!  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @NancyPat

I was trying to locate the group but I wasn't able to find it. Perhaps you could get in touch with the owner of the group, or someone within the group to share the link to it with you. That way you will be able to find it.

Please let me know how it goes! If you have any questions, let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a new fitbit user, using for the past 2 months.  This is my first fitness tracker and I like the features/functionality of the Charge 2 but fitbit needs to work on the user experience side of their product (ie website and apps).

Simple items like group search should be built into their official website.  I've tried using http://relliker.com/ and found it unreliable, I couldn't even search for the group I was in.

Also, the app doesn't let you see your groups, which is absurd.  Not sure if I'll get another fitbit product in the future if these simple items are not implemented, it really takes away from the user experience.

C'mon Fitbit, step it up.

Best Answer

@Gatoradeboy Thanks for joining us and for sharing your experience with the rest of the community!  Smiley Happy To search Public Activity Groups go to the Groups. Just like this:

Activity groups.png

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but that's not what I was looking for.  I'm looking a search feature where I can type in partial names of groups and all groups with my search query would show up.  Very much like you would search for something using google.

What is currently provided can not be used to find a group where you don't remember or know what the name of the group started with as it only categorizes by first 2 letters of the group name.  

For  example, if I wanted to find all groups in my company, I couldn't with the current system because some of the groups may start the group name with the company name while other may put the company name at the end of the group name (ie. ABC Company West Run Club vs East Run Club for ABC Company).

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a good searching system.  it takes too long to get to the group I'm looking for.  I like the old one where you can type in partial name.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gatoradeboy & @khane thanks for getting back to me and for the feedback provided! I see what you mean. I found an idea called "Search for Activity Groups". Please add your votes and comments so that it gains visibility to our devs and engineers. Good luck and hope to see this implemented in a near future!

Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Hey Gatoradeboy, I'm the creator/maintainer of the site relliker.com. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. The database was very old (about a month ago) so it didn't have all of the recent groups. I've moved everything to new infrastructure and the website now updates everyday with any new groups added. Try it again and tell me what you think!

Best Answer

Found some active groups in my area. Thanks!

Best Answer

Really? The best answer is a mystery link that takes you away from Fitbit? 😲😲😲😥

Best Answer

@Meenie50   This is a very old thread.  It was relevant when there were open groups on the web dashboard, thousands of them.  Groups were moved to the mobile app some time ago.  Fitbit has open groups and closed groups.  You find open groups by tapping on your Community icon on your mobile app, then moving the toggle to Groups.  You can't search closed groups.  Someone in the group must invite you to join.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes