Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server appears to be busy at the moment. Please try again later.

SOLVED
Highlighted

I am trying to setup my new force. I can see it in my devices but when i go through the setup i get the error. "Server appears to be busy at the moment. Please try again later." at the end of the setup. My force has the wrong time and info so i know it is not setup correctly. I can not also sync to it as it says the device is not connected to my account. I have tried to do a restart according to the fitbit page and i have tried to update the software on the force and it is up to date. Any other suggestions?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @seashel and everyone:

Our team is aware of a recent influx in "Server Busy" errors when new users have attempted to set up their trackers. 

Please rest assured that this has been reported over the past couple of days and is currently being investigated; we hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible.  If you would like to receive an email when this is resolved, please reach out to Support and describe what is occuring in as much detail as you can.

We realize the frustration this causes to new users, in particular and ask you to bear with us while the issue is worked on.  

Thanks!

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Accepted Solution
105 REPLIES

I've charged the fitbit. Created an account but haven't been able to setup the device to pair to my account.

I've downloaded the software and every time I click on the link to setup a new device it sits there for a few minutes and then comes back with message saying the server must be busy. It's been doing this all day.

What's going on? Is anyone else having this issue? Is the server really THAT busy.

Accepted Solution

Yes, I am having the same problem.   Haven't been able to evengetto the set up page/

Accepted Solution

Any ideas?

Will uninstalling the software lose my data that I have saved?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

The server has had some problems this week. Your data wouldn't be lost if you uninstalled the software. The data stays in the tracker for a week and then some. read to learn more.

Alta HR in the U.S.A. retired others
Windows 8.1 and Android 8
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Trying to install and it keeps telling me "server busy" and "not connected to the internet".  Is this normal

Accepted Solution

I am having the same issue this evening.  Not quite sure why. Anyone know why?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

This is very frustrating. I am having the same problems and now I cannot log into my app. 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

The foods I log on MyFitnessPal are not showing up.   Could this be the same issue?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

My flex will not sync.  It says the server is busy

Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

I'm having the same issue as well.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I can't set up fitbit on my laptop either! Have been trying for an hour!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  The time is off on my Force.  I wanted to follow all of the steps to fix it but it says the server is busy.  I am thinking that setting it up with my phone may have been a mistake as it seems the computer works better. 

A little worried because my Force counted a few thousand extra steps when I was driving, hoping the restart fixes this also.  Just waiting for the server to get back and running good.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same message after attempting to connect my new force to my existing fitbit account. My dashboard indicates that it synched even though I received the message that server is busy and the wrong time still displays on my force. If I try to force a manual synch afterwards, it asks for an account log in and then it says it cannot find a device associated with that account... I've tried uninstalling fitbit connect and reinstalling. I've tried reseting the force and unistalling/reinstalling fitbit connect. Same message each time. Is this truly a fitbit server issue?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Same issue here.  Seeing that several of us are having the same problem, I'm hoping its a server issue and not one with our individual devices/computers.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I am getting the server is busy. I have tried several times.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, how long do ya'll think this will last? I have been waiting for this thing for months and I want to get it working properly right now!!! (little bit impatient here)

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Same issue, tried everything. Good to know it's not just me.

Mine is says it synced on the Dashboard but I get the "Hm. We can't find any paired trackers." message.

Accepted Solution

I too am having this probelm.  It is rather annoying and I hope they get this fixed quickly, but it does not appear so since the original post is 2 hours old

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

When I work through the on screen prompts to set up my Force, I get the following message after the Force is found and I enter the code.

Oh no! We found a problem!

Server appears to be busy at the moment. Please try again later:".  I have tryed several times over the past several hours.  Any suggestions on how to proceed.

Spoiler

Accepted Solution
0 Votes