Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server appears to be busy at the moment. Please try again later.

SOLVED

Trying to setup my flex on a mac and then want to resync but  get the message from the site that the server is busy. Can anyone offer any assistance? This product is becoming a big and bigger pain and annoyance...

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Best thing is to wait - THE SERVER is BUSY!

I've had a fitbit for over a year, and have not done a "sync now" more than 20 times.  The reason being, is that it syncs in background, and will sync when the server is not busy!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

But i havent done the setup on my mac yet???
Moderator edit: Removed email signature.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Wait a bit and try again.  The server was too busy to set you up.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

This issue is back and biting veteran users who have never had the issue. I've had a Fitbit One for a year, never had trouble before, syncs via iPhone 5s or iPad usually. I occasionally sync via windows using Fitbit connect. Then 3 weeks back I notice data did not update on iPad so I synced via windows and every thing worked fine. Now I look for first time since last good sync on 2/14 and nothing has uploaded from my One. So followed support instructions to reset it> no change. Logged out of all apple devices and tried Fitbit connect on windows again > no change.  Verfied it has latest firmware, 6.60 showed after reset.

Two days trying to sync and getting Server busy now. And nowI notice I can't force sync on apple devices anymore so I guess I missed that feature being deleted in the last app update for iOS.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I just bought my One last week and have had zero luck getting it to sync with my PC or iPhone. The device itself seems to be working/counting, but none of my stats transmit to the dashboard. I get a "Server Busy" message when trying to sync. Sometimes my phone cannot even detect the device, and when it does recognize it the sync appears to be in progress then just stops. I have tried every suggestion in the online help menu. Re-installing program, reinserting dongle, restarting device, CPU, and phone. It appers to me that whatever part of the One that is responsible for the transmission of data is faulty. I had started a case with customer supoport last week, but I am anxious to get my device to function now. Any suggestions? Should I just return device? I don't want to have a defective product with a "temporary patch" then 6 months down the road encounter another problem.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I can try troubleshooting syncing with your PC if you want, then we can tackle the phone.

Is it a Windows PC or a Mac?  In WIN, what OS are you on? Which browser are you using? This info will help. But for now, here are a few things you can check:

1. The Fitibit Connect program has to be installed on your PC.
  2. The USB dongle, not the charging cable, has to be inserted in a powered USB port on your PC.
  3. If you have a firewall running, it must be configured properly in order for the Fitbit Connect program to work.
  4. Sometimes, signing-off your account, clearing your internet cache, and signing back on again does the trick.

HTH!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I've tried to add food all morning.  Get the OH NO!  It's not you!  Message.  I've only had my Flex for 3 weeks and this server message is happening more and more frequently.  I can't imagine you're doing actual upgrade working in the middle of the day, so I'm just assuming too many people are trying to hit it at once?  It is annoying.  Problem isn't only on PC.  Phone has broken connection too.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Yes, we all experienced those on and off, that's normal, and the same would happen with any site with hits of this scale.  The servers do get overwhelmed, but usually those interruptions do not last very long.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
I feel that the problem with mine is the Bluetooth within the device is defective. It is brand new and has not worked on my PC or my phone. I have tried all of the suggestions on the online help section. Yes, I have tried restarting/resetting the device. It is not a software/App issue, it is the tracker itself.

Sent from my iPhone
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

@sarah3x3 

If your One is defective, your best bet is to email Support - you will find the link in the One help area at the bottom of this screen.  You have conveyed the sync problems with your One in two different threads; and both times I invited you to list all the troubleshooting tips that you've tried so that we can offer some additional tips if any.  In the absence of that information, I doubt that any one here will be able to offer much.

Of course, if indeed the BT is defective on you One, then no tip will work, you need to have it replaced.

You say that you've tried the RESTART process - is this the procedure you used:

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/1041329-how-do-i-restart-my-tracker-

If it is, that process is a little finicky at times - you may have to repeat it a few times, varying the length of time you're holding the button down.  If it still doesn't work after three or four attempts, leave the One in the charging cable instead of removing it (as stipulated in the instructions) - so users have reported success doing the RESTART this way.

GL!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
Please refer to my first post (3/2) for the list of things that I have tried, multiple times. I have started 2 cases with customer support and have yet to get any help. Thanks for your concern.

Sent from my iPhone
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Just recently got myself a fibit one for the first 24 hours it was syncing with my iphone fine and then it stopped. The loading bar loads saying it is syncing but then nothing happens, no information is transfered. I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled, reset my tracker, turned my phone on and off and still the same, no sync. The app on my phone says there is an update to firmware, which I tried doing but it didnt work either. Now when I try to do the update it searches for my tracker then comes up saying to check my tracker has power, even though it is fully charged!

So I connected to the computer and accessed my dashboard there and tried syncing and same thing, just comes up saying the server is busy try again! Logging into my account on the computer says that the latest firmware update was unsuccessful

Please please any help, getting frustrated!!!   =) 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
Highlighted

Hello @seashel and everyone:

Our team is aware of a recent influx in "Server Busy" errors when new users have attempted to set up their trackers. 

Please rest assured that this has been reported over the past couple of days and is currently being investigated; we hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible.  If you would like to receive an email when this is resolved, please reach out to Support and describe what is occuring in as much detail as you can.

We realize the frustration this causes to new users, in particular and ask you to bear with us while the issue is worked on.  

Thanks!

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Accepted Solution

I cannot sync tonight from my Flex and this is not a new device.  It was working this morning and later today but not for a couple of hours. 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Hi

I just wondered has this issue been resolved?

I have One and got it over 9 months now...I've tried to sync with iPad/Android/MAC and nothing is working. I have done a lot of steps but it keeps showing 0 steps on my iPad and Android and my last synced was on 24th March.

BTW, my fitbit firmware is 6.6 and when I synced with Mac, it keeps saying "Oh no! we found a problem! Server appears to be busy at the moment. Please try again later."

I don't want to create another account to resove the issue...Could you please help?

Thanks
LayC

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Each time I try to sinc both my phone and computer say the tracker cant be found - driving me crazy.  Can we please be more updated with issues as they arise.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Hi Cakewood

I suggest you raise a case with them. Fitbit support team is pretty helpful and response pretty quicky too.

Make sure you go through the steps when you tried to sync and screenshot of what's been happening to your fitbit. Then send it (in a zip file if it's more than one screenshot) to them. That way it's easier for them to resolve your issue with all the details.

My fitbit seems to be defective and luckily it's still under warranty which I got a replacement. So everything is working now. 

If yours out of warranty, I'm sure Fitbit will try their best to repair yours.

Hope this helps...

Regards

LayC

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Server busy for 3 days? uninstalled, reinstalled, run the program again.....grrrr

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I am getting a notification (via Galillo) that "The server requested that we come back between 30000000 and 60000000 minutes."
That is 57 years. I doubt I will still be alive then.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes