Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up A Family Account with Fitbit Flex

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So “Santa” got my 2 kiddos, ages 10 & 12, each a Fitbit Flex for Christmas. Now I’m researching how to setup a family account for them, & I find that not only is it not possible, but it’s a feature Fitbit users have been asking for for YEARS now. Seriously Fitbit, do y’all care at all about what your customers want? My Fitbit Charge HR recently became useless when YOUR software update failed and screwed up the Bluetooth so reloading the software isn’t even possible, but I thought ok, I really love the device so I’ll just take the financial hit and purchase a new one. Even though the battery life sucks and it has to be recharged frequently, I will remain loyal and buy a new Fitbit. Unfortunately, it’s has become obvious that they don’t care about retaining their current fan base, it’s just all about the money. I’ll be returning the kids’ devices and looking at Garmin instead - at least they provide kids’ trackers and batteries that last a year! I’m so disappointed in you Fitbit, I really thought y’all were a competitive company who would listen to your customers, but obviously I was wrong. 😔

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Sorry they didn't work out for you, @Kristin_13.  Fitbit devices are not to be used by children under 13, though.

Best Answer

Except that they are. 

Fitbit released the Fitbit Ace for 8+

(which is just an Alta with new software) 

https://www.fitbit.com/ace

Best Answer

You are correct, @Monkey78, there have been updates since the original post in January. You can now pre-order the Ace for Children.

Best Answer

Ah, sorry.

Thought that was posted 1st April, due to using a different date format. 

Anyway, it looks like the family account is only available if you have the Ace, which is a little disappointing. 

Best Answer

I was hoping to reuse an old flex2 for my little one as upgraded to blaze, think this screams of profiteering forcing you to buy a new device in order to get access to the "family dashboard" beginning to lose a bit of love for fitbit of late...  unless Im missing some setting or something?

Best Answer

So we have just bought the Ace, any ideas on how to set up the family account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not got one myself, but this should help:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2346

Good luck! 

Best Answer

thanks, I have mangaged this bit now; I had to update my app first

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

As it has been noted through the thread, the Fitbit Ace allows for a Family Account to be setup for children. If you have any specific questions regarding the Ace, the best way to go about it would be to check the Ace board or the Fitbit Ace's help page.

Thanks for your interest. Feel free to reach out if there is anything I can help your with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any idea when / if us non Ace users will be able to set up a family account? 

My son has got a Flex 2, and having the family account would be great  

Best Answer

Hey @Monkey78.

At the moment there are no news on that front.

For the time being you can only use Ace to create a Family Account. Maybe you could support this suggestion to have other watches be able to be added on a Family Account. If you have any questions in the way the Feature Suggestions board works, be sure to read this FAQ.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I HATE that anytime I ask for help through Fitbit chat, I am referred to a page with numerous FAQ's. If I have a specific question I should be able to ask a representative without sifting through endless posts. I feel like I have paid enough money for better customer service and have been a loyal customer for about 10 years. I am really considering ditching Fitbit for a competitor for lack of customer service and lack of family plans. I don't think I should have to buy a new product (ace) in order to have a family plan. A little ridiculous. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @md2385.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and voicing your frustration.

Please know that we take all feedback into account and that we are always looking for ways to improve.

If you have the time, be sure to support the idea I shared above. It is definitely the very best way to move forward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My child got a Fitbit from Santa too.  Unfortunately that Fitbit cannot be used for a childs account.  I just don't understand why Fitbit did make the childs accounts open to use any fitbit devices.  I seriously don't want to be buying a brand new one just because Fitbit decided to create child account options 3 months after my daughter got hers for Christmas.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @DonewithU.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. We're always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience.

Be sure to support the suggestion I mentioned above by commenting on it and voting for it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my daughter an Alta HR since the kid's fitbits were only 1 size and it didn't look like it was going to fit properly.  She was looking forward to getting her steps with her grandma who is across the state.  If there is a family account for one device, there should really be one for all.  Not all bodies are the same.  It would be nice to have a family account where all families are able to be together. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Shensel.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. 

Be sure to support this suggestion about being able to add any device to the Family Account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes