Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silly question about calories I should burn

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm sorry if this is really silly and maybe sad beings I've been using Fitbit for a few years now..but I've noticed my app saying i should burn 2770 calories in a day.  But on a good day with a workout I'm burning only 2100ish calories in total.  Where is this 2770 figured at?..and is there a way to change it to something a little more..realistic for me.  I'm not sure what I'd have to do to get that number..I'm already exhausted from my run lol

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hey @giggalz nice to have you here! Smiley Happy Thanks for your question, actually that is a great question. Let me know if you are logging food, because you calories can increase for that. However, you can create a "Food Plan" in order to have a better control on your calories burned and also, you will be able to see how many calories you can eat per day.

I hope this info helps you, I'll be around if you have any other question! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer

yes that is set up on low intensity with -250..still doesnt make sense why its saying I need to burn 2750 in a day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your update @giggalz! Smiley Very Happy To achieve an accurate calorie estimate, it's important to log all of the food you eat. As you log your food, your daily calorie estimate will constantly update to show how much you can still eat for the rest of the day while staying within your goal zone. As long as you are within 50 calories of your daily estimate when you log your last meal, you will have met your plan's recommendation for the day.

The Calories In vs Calories Out meter gives you a look at where you are for the current time of day. This will continually update (assuming your tracker syncs regularly) depending on the food logged and your activity level. Your activity level is determined by the steps you take, any exercises recorded by your tracker, and any activities you log manually. As you walk and exercise through the day, your caloric allowance will adjust to let you know how much more you can eat while staying within your goal zone.

In addition, let me share with you this Caloric Burn Guidance.

Keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer

@giggalz

If I understand correctly, you want to change your daily calorie burn goal. On the dashboard tile with the five circles representing steps, miles, calories, active minutes and floors, click the gear emblem on the bottom that appears when you hover over the tile. Both the daily and weekly goals can be entered on the tabbed entry screen that will be displayed.

To figure a reasonable goal, determine your Basal Metabolic rate, then add the approximate number of calories you want to burn through activity each day. For example, my BMR is around 1600, and I want to burn around 1000 calories a day through exercise, so I end up with a calorie goal of 2600.

Here's a link to a BMR calculator:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

Hope this helps!

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer