Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/11/17: Forced to login twice to view sleep data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/11/2017: Thanks to everyone who took the time to test and update me and confirm that this issue has been resolved!

I will be closing this thread as the issue is now resolved. If you come across this in a future instance, please create a new thread and use this as a reference. Again, thank you to everyone who took the time to report and confirm this as resolved.

Fitbit Update 04/05/2017: Hey everyone -- Thanks for your reports. Our site team is already aware of this issue and working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience but will have an update as soon as I hear one from the team. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

Over the last few days while navigating in Fitbit.com Dasboard, when I need to examine/change settings I have to login again.  If I navigate via the Profile and then View Account Settings.... same thing.

This is using different accounts on Windows PC's using Chrome, Firefox and Pale Moon.

The auto remember still works on the three browsers when I start a session..

Is this a subtle change on the PC because it doesn't happen on the Android.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Yes, @Colinm39, this has been happening for about the past week on the Fitbit.com Dashboard. Apparently some change that was made to the web security settings.

Best Answer

@USAF-LarryThanks for confirming that... There are too many issues creeping in at the moment.. Such is like  ! .... Keeps us on our toes....Smiley Happy

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am signed into the dashboard and can accessed any other tile and yet when I click on the sleep tile, it is requiring me to sign in again. 

This seems like a system error to me. Please resolve.

Best Answer

I'm getting the same thing.  I can't see any sleep details due to this additional sign in request since my dashboard login doesn't work for it...

Best Answer

@rosel, @LainieF, this started about a week ago.  If you click on any link that goes off the main dashboard, such as the Settings, it requires a login before opening that screen.  Apparently, a new security update of some sort was put into the system.  The good news is that as long as you keep the browser open for day, you only have to log in one time - it keeps it in cache until you close the browser.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is not how the dashboard is working for me. I am able to access all tiles (including settings) without getting this login screen except for the sleep tile on my pc. I am being sent to this link...

https://www.fitbit.com/login?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitbit.com%2Fsleep

I am running windows 7 - 64bit and using the Chrome browser.

Editted to add...

If I access the sleep tile on my phone - then I am able to access the sleep tile on my pc without getting the login redirect. 

Best Answer

Same thing happens to me. I can move around the dashboard tiles with no problem, except the sleep tile which requires me to sign-in again. And then I get to the almost useless new sleep tracking.

Best Answer

I am also having this issue.  Yesterday I signed in and checked off keep me logged in, but today it isn't accepting my login.  Please fix this glitch.  By the way, I preferred the old sleep graph.

Best Answer

I am having this issue also.  This is ridiculous.  I should not have to log in again, to access ANY part of the website.

Best Answer

That is not correct.  I can click on anything else without "signing in" again.  The biggest issue is that my fitbit credentials are not accepted on this second login page.  Currently I cannot access the sleep details at all since last Wednesday.

Best Answer

Same windows & chrome for me as well.  I tried your trick and entered the phone version of sleep details, but I was still unable to get to the website details.  Anything else to it?  

Nevermind, I was able to get to the website useless sleep data after I let the app on my phone finish syncing, then open the sleep details in app. 

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy or that it is just me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just confirmed the same thing - after syncing using the desktop app (Windows 7), I went to the dashboard in Chrome, used my steps tile to go delete a 0 minute activity from applause that I'd had yesterday. I then went back to the dashboard, clicked the sleep tile's "more", and got redirected to log in. Every morning this week I've have this redirect, every morning I log in (with "Remember me" checked), and each time the next morning, the same redirect only for the sleep tile. If the dashboard considers me logged in, and the activities detail page considers me logged in, so should the sleep details page.

Best Answer

Why are we still having this issue? 

With all the features that fitbit negatively impacted with this latest release, I would think this would be the easiest to resolve.

It is an obvious system error - it is still happening - when will it be fixed?

Best Answer

Is there any plan for Fitbit to fix this? It seems ridiculous to have to login to each screen that I want to look at.

Best Answer

I AGREE THIS IS SO WRONG I AM HAVING SAME ISSUE. THEY NEED TO FOX THIS SOON

Best Answer

Same for me, it's really annoying!

Best Answer

@LainieF

I am also running Windows 7 - 64 bit, with Chrome browser, and I am getting the exact same thing.

If this is a security update, Fitbit should at the very least have sent users an email about it. It was an unpleasant surprise for me, and is nothing more than a pain in the butt.

Best Answer