Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep - when editing time, message of "If you edit your sleep you will lose sleep data."

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Recently, my Fitbit Charge 6 inaccurately noted the start of my sleep time (it applied a time which was too early). When I went to edit it to a more accurate later time, the following message appeared '- "If you edit your sleep you will lose sleep data. Do you want to continue?"

Can you provide clarity on this ....

• what sleep data exactly? (just for that night or ?????)
  • why would data be lost? (thinking the software would just edit the tracking, and then recalculate the sleepp score)

If the software could be amended to not delete data upon editing and recalculate the score, I believe that would meet the expectations of users.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @GregToronto 

Share my experiences with editing Fitbit sleep logs

Occasionally, I've had to change my sleep start and end times in the Fitbit app. I don't recall seeing the message you mentioned when I go to edit my sleep times.

So far, there hasn't been an issue or loss of sleep data when I edit my sleep times. I have noticed that it seems to take a bit of time for my sleep log to update my score & stages, about an hour or so.

It took me a while to be comfortable with deleting a sleep log when my sleep was split into more than 1 log. I finally understood that deleting the log only deletes the time frame and not the tracked data.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@GregToronto   You only change the sleep data for time frame you enter.  My Fitbit records my reading in bed before sleep as sleep pretty frequently.  So I always edit that out.  Once, I edited my sleep and my sleep stages and sleep score turned into sleep patterns and no score.  That's the worst that ever happened to me.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for the feedback @LZeeW ... would be great if they amended the software .... hope springs eternal 😊

Best Answer

Hello @GregToronto 

Share my experiences with editing Fitbit sleep logs

Occasionally, I've had to change my sleep start and end times in the Fitbit app. I don't recall seeing the message you mentioned when I go to edit my sleep times.

So far, there hasn't been an issue or loss of sleep data when I edit my sleep times. I have noticed that it seems to take a bit of time for my sleep log to update my score & stages, about an hour or so.

It took me a while to be comfortable with deleting a sleep log when my sleep was split into more than 1 log. I finally understood that deleting the log only deletes the time frame and not the tracked data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @RiekoC - I should clarify that I was editing via the Fitbit website on my computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GregToronto 

Thanks for clarifying where you were making the edits. Although this is the fitbit.com forum for the Fitbit website, I see often users post issues with their Fitbit app "dashboard" in this forum. Hence, I didn't automatically associate your post with the Fitbit website. My apologies.

You make a good point about amending the software. However, from what I've read, Fitbit made the decision several years ago not to update the on-line dashboard or add new features. When Google acquired Fitbit, they continued with this path.   ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahhhh, the all-to-common software issue of "lack of platform parity" - appreciate your insight.

Best Answer

Thanks @RiekoC - your tip worked out - I edited my sleep time on my Android app and then the next morning, my sleep score was appropriately amended - your assistance is greatly appreciated 😀

Best Answer

Hi @GregToronto 

You're very welcome. I'm glad that I could help.

If you have any other questions, please let us know. We'll do our best to assist.

Best Answer
0 Votes