Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some bicycle activities show distance but some don't?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've noticed that some of my bike ride activities say "Bike" and show the distance cycled along with time, calories burned etc.  But then other activities say "Outdoor Bike" and say "N/A" for the distance, but still report time and calories.

Why is there a difference?  For instance today I commuted to work in the morning and back home in the afternoon.  Same bicycle, and I had Strava running for both activities.  But the morning activity shows Bike and the correct distance, while the afternoon activity says Outdoor Bike with N/A for the distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@PatrickGSR94   Are you doing some of the bike rides with the Exercise app and some with auto recognition (SmartTrack)?  In my experience "Bike" is used with the Exercise app and "Outdoor Bike" is used with SmartTrack.  SmartTrack doesn't give you a distance.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, every bike ride is the same always.  I do nothing with the Fitbit or the Fitbit app.  I get on the bike, start Strava and go.  When I'm finished or get to my destination, I pause Strava, then hit Finish and upload the ride.  That's it, for every bike ride.  I can't understand why some rides show up differently than others in Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wait a second, the one ride from yesterday that showed "Outdoor Bike" and N/A for distance has now changed to just "Bike" and now shows the distance!

So in the list of my last 10 activities, 2 of them still say "Outdoor Bike" from the past week, and show N/A for distance.  One of those is a commute between home and work, and the other is riding between home and the grocery store.  All the rest of them say "Bike", all were Commutes, and all show the correct distance and duration.  So I still don't understand why 2 of them show differently than the others.

Best Answer
0 Votes