Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Private Message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

@MatthewFitbitI found this post that you commented on, but was unable to reply there so I'm creating a new thread.

I received a suspicious message from someone with the forum username "lovekura." I tried to look at their Fitbit profile but the name is "ghggt" and they have no information to show (either set to private or no data exists).

They provided an email which traces back to a (probably fake) name Fohn Birchler and an equally suspicious domain associated with it.

Do I need to worry about the security of my account or my information? I haven't received a message to my personal email account so it looks like that hasn't been compromised yet.

EDIT: I have flagged that message and I believe that notified a moderator as well so I apologize if you guys get mulitple notifications for this one message!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@kalimm Thanks for giving me a heads-up on this! It was picked up by some other users as well, and appropriate action has already been taken. We definitely want the Community to be free of spam, and are working to make sure you see as little of it as possible - but they do occasionally show up.

I can assure you that your account's security has not been compromised. It appears that this user sent messages to multiple active forum members, and you can simply ignore that message just like you would if you got it in your email inbox.

Thanks again, and you're always welcome to send me a PM if you see something like that in the future.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@kalimm Thanks for giving me a heads-up on this! It was picked up by some other users as well, and appropriate action has already been taken. We definitely want the Community to be free of spam, and are working to make sure you see as little of it as possible - but they do occasionally show up.

I can assure you that your account's security has not been compromised. It appears that this user sent messages to multiple active forum members, and you can simply ignore that message just like you would if you got it in your email inbox.

Thanks again, and you're always welcome to send me a PM if you see something like that in the future.

Best Answer

I suppose PM would have made more sense, but I don't use it often. Thank you for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also got a spam messeage but just ignored and deleted it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same one - gotta love spam!  (Not). But unfortunately will always be around.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just been sent a message from this individual user/5K3SD9 Advertising Rayban Sunglasses with a link to a suspect site.

Please advise?

Best Answer

@Molyfar, click the Subject line to open the message, and then click the Report link to report it to the moderator.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a heads up...

I'm sure most of you are probably astute enough not to have to read this, but considering how many calls I field about the topic in any given day, it's probably well worth saying...

Any messages here, either public or private, that promote sales of Ray-Ban merchandise for ridiculous percentages off or other goofy things like charity events for Ray-Ban are entirely fraudulent.  If you receive a message with a URL that purports to lead to one of these sites, we Ray-Ban employees would be very grateful if you'd report them at the following URL:

http://www.ray-ban.com/report-fakes

Thank you very much.  Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mathew, I have just received a Spam Private message from dgfhas selling ray ban sunglasses, I can't seem to find a way to block messages from this them  .  Thank you 

Best Answer

@MarrickvilleJust open the message and scroll down and report it.

No point in blocking as the user will get banned

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you Wendy, I tried to do that, but I cannot find an option to report it. I have removed my email address as it seems the only option. I just get so much spam as it is. 

Best Answer

For me the problem is the email is coming direct from the Fitbit site as a PM. I received one from a dormant account and there is no stored PM in that account

It was the RayBan taking you direct to their site..

@MatthewFitbithas it under control

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@USAF-Larry I got the same one - received an email that notified me of the private message but I don't see a link to "Report" in either my email message or in the message itself in the Private Message folder in FitBit.  Where do I find that?  The email only includes a link to manage private messages, which does not provide an option to only receive private message from friends.  Other suggestions? This is the first I've ever gotten and certainly want to **ahem** it in the bud.  Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

@kerrylk1, you have to open the message before you will see the Report link.  In the subject line there is a very small apostrophe - click on that and it will open the message. Once the message is open, scroll to the bottom and you will see the Report link.

Spam.jpg

Best Answer