Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair counter either counted to many or not enough stairs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have fitbit 3 and I had returned it once and received another one. On both they counted the STAIRS way to much. If I did 20 stairs it would come up at 50 or 60. I called and they could never fix.

My wife has the fitbit 4 and she returned it 3 times and  three times the stairs did not function RIGHT. She has gone up and down 20-25  times a day and it records 4 or 6, one day it reached 9 stairs. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Really wish the STAIRS counter did work right.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@BOB1850 It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Fitbit devices that count floors have an altimeter sensor that detects when you go up in elevation. Your device registers 1 floor when you climb about 10 feet or 3 meters. Your device uses changes in barometric pressure combined with the steps you take to calculate floors climbed. Fitbit devices don’t count floors on stationary exercise equipment, such as a StairMaster or treadmill, or when you go down a flight of steps.

If you're still experiencing issues with floors, it's recommended to contact our Support team as they have access to your case details. 

Have a great week. Happy holidays. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done that a number of times with my Fitbit and my wife's Fitbit. NOTHING that support has done fixed the problems in either Fitbit. Sorry to say.

Best Answer
0 Votes