Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps Adding Days Later

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having issues with fitbit showing about 3K more steps than I actually took a couple days after syncing for said day. (ie: Saturday morning it shows previous day was 15K steps, Monday morning it shows 18K). Any idea on how to fix this? I have both a Zip and an Alta that are on the same dashboard, but it is not doing it for every day. So far just for a couple random days (including one where the Zip stayed in my drawer all day). Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Britt_Fit welcome to the forums! Well, in this case I recommend restarting your trackers by doing the following:

Zip:

1. Open the battery door using the battery door tool and remove the battery.
  2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.

Alta:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clasp the other end of the cable to the port on the back of your Alta. Alta will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 
  4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

After restarting your trackers, please make sure you don't sync the tracker you have been using all day any way near your other tracker as this could cause interference and overlapping of steps and other stats. Even when you haven't used both trackers at the same time. Also, try clearing cookies and cache.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer