Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps being capped

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was walking for two hours this morning, putting in over 10,000 steps. Then, an few hours later I noticed that my step count had been reset to 4400. Where did my steps go? Logging into my dashboard I saw that the time I was most active had all been clipped down to just 90 steps per five minute interval. You can see how the bar graph has a totally flat plateau during my active period. What's going on???

Apparently the same thing happened yesterday too. It was at a different time of day, but strangely the number of steps logged is exactly the same.

Here are some images showing the dashboard stats:

Today's steps

Yesterday's steps

Activity log is an exact match in total steps

Here are the stats from my Pacer app which was also tracking steps for the same day, but tends to under-count. Pacer logged 4 miles while Fitbit logged 1.8.

Today's steps at 9608

Yesterday steps at 8375

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you delete the logged activity, the data will come back.

Manually logging an activity is really meant just for when you were not wearing the tracker.  Otherwise it generally leads to confusion.  Although I do understand people often like to use it if an activity was not auto-recognized or recorded with the exercise app.  When you manually log the activity, it makes some assumptions based on the parameters you input when logging it. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Did you manually log an activity for the time of your walks?

If so, that overrides whatever the tracker recorded.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes i did! Darn it. If I delete that walk would the steps reset? Thanks for the reply; I’ll stop manually logging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you delete the logged activity, the data will come back.

Manually logging an activity is really meant just for when you were not wearing the tracker.  Otherwise it generally leads to confusion.  Although I do understand people often like to use it if an activity was not auto-recognized or recorded with the exercise app.  When you manually log the activity, it makes some assumptions based on the parameters you input when logging it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes