Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can't download!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Still can't download a TCX file and this has been happening since start of Sept.  Been back and forth to Fitbit Support but no luck.  Anyone still get the spinning wheel and "download" is greyed out?  Tried all the suggestions from Support but not working.  HELP!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Teresa5751, I have not experienced that issue for quite some time.  If I click on the 3 dots on the activity screen, and select Export as TCX File, it almost immediately opens a pop-up asking if I want to save it or view it. At that time I can save the file to the hard disk.  This may be a problem with cookies or cache in your browser.

TCX 1.jpg

TCX 2.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Teresa5751 and @USAF-Larry - 

@Teresa5751 - your first post - welcome to the boards.

Being the geek that I am, I was curious about the tcx file format, so during some downtime at work (read lunch), the other day I attempted to export an activity record using my Window's Professional system and Internet Explorer 8ish. No joy. Unlike when making a web call to a local server that serves up JSON, I got no prompt similar to USAF-Larry's to either open or save. Pretty much nothing.

After reading this thread, I decided to try it with my home system - MacBook Air and Safari 11.0.1. No prompt to open/save. Instead it just drove that puppy to my download directory/folder.

Opened it up in a text editor and saw the expected xml format. Pretty much nothing in it, as I have an Alta HR, and isn't the tcx format for reporting routing/waypoint, speed and distance data provided by GPS?

Anyway - for me it looks like my Windows machine has an issue and my Mac doesn't.

As @USAF-Larry stated, and my tests suggest, it looks like it is an environment issue, not a Fitbit issue.

Now I have to start reading up on how to get my iPhones GPS to hook up with Fitbit. Something about "Connected GPS" or something? Having another "geek attack".

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Teresa5751 and @USAF-Larry

Corrections to my earlier post.

I am indeed running Windows 7 Pro, but with Internet Explorer 11.

I was able to get Mobile Run working (piece of cake) so my "Geek Attack" was satisfied.

I can see my route from the walk I took earlier in the activities screen, both on the web and in my app.

Still cannot download the tcx file using windows. I get the spinner icon that shows it is working, but apparently will have to wait until I get home to see the raw data, I guess.

Not that the above helped much, but at least confirming that it appears to be a computer environment issue.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Teresa5751 and @USAF-Larry -

Still not working on Windows platform, but at least now the page is displaying a message after the attempt is made that Fitbit is aware of the issue and is investigating it.

Best Answer
0 Votes