Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing with Apple’s Health App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have Cervical dystonia and use use the Apple health app to help track my condition.  It would be great to see Fitbit synchronize directly with the Apple Health app. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for your continued participation in the Fitbit Community. I appreciate your interest in seeing a integration between Fitbit and Apple Health app, you could vote for this idea Integrate with iOS Health these are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

Learn more about our Feature Suggestions board - FAQ here

I'll be closing it for further comments. If you have additional questions, please post it in the main board. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Hi @ginoLab. I’m sorry to hear about your condition but I’m happy that Apple Health helps you track it. Sad to say, Apple and Fitbit are two major competitors. You cannot sync a Fitbit device to AppleHealth, nor can you sync an Apple Watch to the Fitbit app. There are no plans to try to sync a Fitbit to AppleHealth at the time. 

However, you may find some interesting discussions in the Lifestyle Discussion Forums  such as Live Mindfully. I invite you check it out. With my own chronic issues, I find it’s sometimes nice to interact with others who are on the same path, trying to live life to the fullest, no matter what! 

Best Answer

Hi,

Yes there are quite a few apps in the Apple App Store that will do this for you. The one I used is

SyncSolver.com

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sync-solver-for-fitbit/id935306292?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4.

You will need to supply it with your Fitbit user name and password. It works quite will

Best Answer

Thank you, Carol - for the quick response. I had a feeling that was case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After thinking about it .. even though fitbit is a competor, that shouldn’t really matter.  There are other devices that sync directly with the Health App. In fact, Apple relies on 3rd part vendor devices besides there own iwatch.  Before using fitbit, I was using argus and stravos for various tracking .. both of which sync to health app.  Fitbit sync’s to these apps.

Feature request: Direct syncing to apple health app.  The third party sync app suggested works well in mean time.  I did email developer to see if there was a way to auto sync via new iOS 12 Siri shortcut functionality

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, @SunsetRunner and @ginoLab.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Maybe you could support this suggestion about integrating with iOS health. You can comment and vote on the idea to show your support for the suggestion. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on how that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I'm going to quit Fitbit because of the Apple Health. Need time to see other company with long battery life like Fitbit Versa I am having

Best Answer

I get they are competitors but this lack of syncing actually comes as a disadvantage to Fitbit. I am a long time Fitbit user and discovered that garmin syncs its info with Apple heath. So I am going to choose to use garmin as my sleep analysis. Fitbit could probably gain business if they would simple allowing syncing like many other major fitness tracking companies. Thumbs down to Fitbit. 

Best Answer

@Dpkshime - Thumbs down should go to Apple who is not willing to work with Fitbit on this. Fitbit can only go so far without cooperation.

Best Answer
Hmm interesting. I wonder why garmin, Starva, other fitness trackers all sync but Fitbit doesn’t.

Daisy
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I understand that Apple is a competitor, but it is extremely frustrating.

So many other apps, like Migraine Buddy, and even some of the MyChart apps from the doctors' offices synch to Apple Health.

Now that every smartwatch and fitness tracker is offering roughly the same features at roughly the same price point there is huge potential for loyal Fitbit users to jump ship.

I really hope that they can reach an agreement soon.

I would hate to stop using a product that I love for ease of communication with my doctors.  😞

Best Answer

I also find this frustrating...  I was a long time Pebble user, and the pebble app did a great job syncing data over to the health app.  When my Pebble battery dies, I bought a FitBit Versa, since it feels like an upgraded pebble. I (mistakingly) thought that since FitBit bought Pebble, that they would support data syncing.

Best Answer

I just bought a charge 3 to specifically use with Apple health and other apps. Never even crossed my mind to check compatibility. I say thumbs down to the capitalist/corporate systems we live in that do not actually make our health a priority. 

Best Answer

It is such a shame that FitBit cares more about staying proprietary than they do about their users who spend hundreds of dollars to purchase their products.  We must rely on outside applications to do the job that we pay you to do costing us more money and putting our personal health data and privacy at risk.  Shame, shame, shame...

Best Answer

@KarlWH - Please read thru the other posts in this thread. You are blaming the wrong company. As I mentioned before - Thumbs down should go to Apple who is not willing to work with Fitbit on this. Fitbit can only go so far without cooperation. 

Best Answer

not really blaming  anybody .. mostly just thought it would be useful feature for me.  I am using a recommended 3rd party sync utility and it works fine.  Although am curious where you are getting info that Apple will not cooperate with Fitbit?  Is this from Fitbit?  They didn’t provide that info to me.   Either way I’m set and happy with the sync app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Carol,

I find that very difficult to believe and I see no indication in this thread of any FitBit employee telling us that it is Apple's fault.  If my doctors office can write to Apple health, and a third party app can sync data with Apple health it seems to me that FitBit should be able to do the same.  I have also contacted Apple to see if they have any better solutions and I'm willing to be that they are going to point the finger at FitBit, just the way you point the finger at Apple.  I truly appreciate your willingness to help and do not want to be unkind or disrespectful to you.   I am really looking for an answer from the FitBit company because as of now I have $228 of useless jewelry on my wrist and I am anxious to have it actually become useful.  

Thanks,

Karl

Best Answer
I agree with Karl. If hundreds of other brands are syncing with Apple it seems to be the only bad apple in the bunch is Fitbit.

Daisy
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hey Carol, I'm an app developer, and I am fairly certain this is incorrect. Apple makes a point of not integrating with anybody directly, but their HealthKit program is open for any developers (including Fitbit) to read and write data to if they wish. Unless there's some legal issues that I'm unaware of, the problem is on Fitbit's side.

Best Answer
If you're in the EU you can compel Fitbit to make your data work with Apple's Health kit, under GDPR.
https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rules-business-and-organisations/deal...
Best Answer