Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's sodium total in the Fitbit app: 5586 mg (!!!)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Actual sodium count by adding each individual entry on a spreadsheet: 1723 mg

+224% error rate.

I am running Fitbit app version 3.59.1 (20263715). Hopefully the basic math errors will be corrected when Fitbit releases version 3.60.

The actual count was more less confirmed by logging food in the MyPlate app version 3.5.3 (63). The sodium count in that app was 1811 mg. Difference is due to serving size on a couple of entries.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Still there, I'm using 3.63 on Android. Through lunch today I've consumed 863 mg sodium and 624 mg potassium (calculated by adding up numbers for individual food items in the Fitbit food log). The daily total values shown by Fitbit Food are 3487 mg sodium (~4 times actual) and 27855 mg (~45 times actual) potassium. 

The actual numbers (863 and 624) from the Fitbit Food log pretty well line up with food labels and nutrition guides. Historically Fitbit has done a good job of tracking sodium, something I track periodically. So I don't know when this problem occurred.

I currently see similar errors for randomly selected previous days. So the errors are being propagated through all data.

Best Answer

Also looking for the answer to the issue I have been tracking carbs, fat, sugar, and protein.  And all seem to have the same problem as described above would really like to find a fix. 

Best Answer