Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Getting Refund on Returned Device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I sent back my Fitbit Blaze over a month ago and went back to my Charge HR. Overall, I was just disappointed in the Blaze and the features offered compared to how it was advertised. I was told to email my tracking number when I sent it out, which I did, and a refund would be processed. I got no response. About a week later I followed up with an email and got no response. After two weeks (and knowing my return had been received about 4 days earlier from checking the tracking number on the UPS website) I called and was given a run around and no real answers about anything. Next, I tried an online chat where the woman I spoke to told me a return had not been processed but she would go ahead and process it. However, she could not tell me why it had not already been processed (in my opinion, I should not have to ASK for the refund once my return is received). She said I would receive an email verifying this which I never received. 

Now here we are two weeks later, still no refund. I have tried speaking to customer service AND the online chat feature and no one will give me any answers. I have been told by 4 people in the past two days that I will be receiving an email "very shortly" verifying the status of my return and surprise, still no email. No one is "authorized" to tell me if the refund has already been processed. What I'm getting from this is that my refund still has not been processed which means another TEN days before I will actually see it, IF it gets processed today.

Has anyone else had any issues getting a refund processed? 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @jlawton

Moved this thread from the Blaze to the Share Your Story Section as it will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jlawton welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the refund of your tracker. Once the refund has been processed you will receive an email from Fitbit with more information about this. Please check your email for their reply. @SunsetRunner thanks for your amazing cooperation! Cat Wink

I'll be around if you have any questions! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Kewl Angela 😽

Kitten

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelaFitbit wrote:

Hello @jlawton welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the refund of your tracker. Once the refund has been processed you will receive an email from Fitbit with more information about this. Please check your email for their reply. @SunsetRunner thanks for your amazing cooperation! Cat Wink

@AngelaFitbit wrote:

How long does he have to wait for a refund?  It seems that he has done everything on his side to ensure the process is flowing properly.  It looks like a "canned" response as he has been waiting for an email, and he has been checking his email for a reply and it seems that nothing is being processed and no one has an answer.  Sucks because Fitbit is usually very good with service.. but it seems very hit and miss..

Best Answer

Hello @Incognito Once the support team confirms the tracker and accessories had reached our warehouse, it usually takes 7-10 business days for the  refund to post to your account. I don't know the specific details about @jlawton's case but it seems it has been resolved. 

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned 2 Charge 2 wrist bands. Tracking says they were received May 15. Still no refund. I called the Customer Service # tonite and it wouldn't ring. Will try again tomorrow. Not good. I will never order directly from them again. Best Buy, here I come. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a similar issue. They were very quick to charge my account, but even after talking to a manager, I haven’t gotten email verification that my returned Zip has been received (which it was over a week ago) or when my return will be issued. FitBit customer service used to be great. Now it’s hortible, and for that reason I will not purchase their product again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in same situation. I returned my Versa and My boyfriend’s 20 days ago. It’s been past 10 days they received the items. I got the email saying that they will refund back within 7-10 days. So I called the customer service multiple times first they put me on hold for 20mins to figure out the situation. Then they keep telling me to follow the help support direction. I told them I have the FedEx tracking number saying that the items are already at your warehouse. They keep put me on hold and hang up my calls. I am so disappointed at fitbit customer service i been using fitbit since Charge 1. This situation really disappointed me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup same happened. Shipped out to correct address with receipt and everything. No refund

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've a similar story. My parcel (un-opened in original fitbit courier box) was confirmed returned 18 days ago and I feel like I'm getting the run around from Fitbit support being asked the same questions over and over. Initially they said they were unable to process my refund and were escalating, and then told me they are waiting on a chargeback. After querying what a chargeback is, they have now indicated they would process my refund via PayPal, yet that seems to just have been another empty promise. 
What is so fundamentally broken inside of fitbit customer support that they cannot process a simple refund?

Best Answer

Mickko, I really hope you eventually got your refund.  I returned 5 unopened Sense smartwatches in two packages on June 9 of this year according to the instructions given by Fitbit.  USPS tracking shows that they were received at a center in Norfolk, VA and then transferred over to FedEx on June 10.  I never received an email with the new tracking numbers.  Fast forward a month later and I was refunded the smartwatches from one package but not the other.  I have been using their chat feature and I keep getting the same response: "We will notify the appropriate department of your concern."  On July 18, I finally got a customer service rep, Robyn, to confirm that Fitbit had received the second package on July 6.  She said she would escalate the issue.  I had to beg for a timeframe of when to expect the confirmation of the escalation.  To her credit, she did send an email confirming the escalation later that day.  It is now July 22 and I called this time and spoke with Melvin.  Melvin said he is not allowed to give out his employee number and assured me that he was the only Melvin working at the company.  He gave me the same canned response that my issue had been escalated and I should receive an email about it soon.  I asked Melvin what escalation meant and what actions had been taken since Monday.  He couldn't do anything but rehash the same canned response.  I realized that I wasn't getting anywhere with Melvin, so I asked to speak to his supervisor.  After a few minutes of being on hold, Melvin returned and said that his supervisor was on another call and would be sending me an email.  I asked what was the name of his supervisor.  He said that he didn't know the name of his supervisor.  I asked Melvin to tell me when I should expect his supervisor to send me an email.  He said he could not give me that information.  This is very frustrating as the refund on the second return would return approximately $750 to my wallet at a time when I really need it.  I guess I am going to give them until next week before I start looking into any legal recourse I might have.  I agree with the post above; you're better off buying from a third party as Fitbit is having some serious issues with their returns right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still have not received email about my refund

Best Answer
0 Votes