Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to check overall calorie deficit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

They recently changed the weekly report. I used to get a plan deficit for the week so I know how I was doing overall. Now the layout is different and I don't get that number. And I can't figure out a way to easily find it on the dashboard or on the computer. I can manually calculate in, but it's a hassle. Am I missing something? Almost every tile has a weekly, monthly, etc average option, but not food. Where do I go to get daily calorie intake averages or plan deficit?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @LynneSkysong!

Since the weekly calorie summary was removed from the report, the only way to get the full information would be to keep track of how it went each day. While it is definitely not optimal, it would be the way to do it at this moment.

Having said that, I did find this suggestion post talking about bringing it back, perhaps you could vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

Hope this clarifies the situation! If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hey there @LynneSkysong! Welcome!

Like you mentioned, the deficit information was removed from the weekly report. An easy way to check on it would go to your main Dashboard and go back to the day you wish to see. You can change the day with the small date section at the top. Check this picture for reference:date.PNG

After selecting the proper date, the Calories In vs Out tile should tell you how many calories ate and burned on that day. Again, see the picture below:invsout.PNG

I hope you find this useful! If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello. Thank you for answering. I'm not having trouble figuring out calories in vs out per day. I'm having trouble finding a summary of calories in vs. Out for the week (or month, or any time frame not one day). The weekly summary used to be the only way I could get a weekly summary and now I'm trying to figure out how to easily get that info without having to manually sum calories in and out on the calculator or in excel. 

I rarely eat in the budget. I'm always under or over so looking at overall trends has been what works best for me. There's also usually about a day lag in my hunger from an exercise intense day, which makes the fluctuations even greater.

Best Answer

Hello @LynneSkysong!

Since the weekly calorie summary was removed from the report, the only way to get the full information would be to keep track of how it went each day. While it is definitely not optimal, it would be the way to do it at this moment.

Having said that, I did find this suggestion post talking about bringing it back, perhaps you could vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

Hope this clarifies the situation! If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

Ok, thank you! I guess that's what I'll have to do for now. I'll check out that suggestion thread.

Best Answer

UPDATE: clicking the food tile after logging in to fitbit will open a window that shows the current weeks calories in vs out. It didn't do that before so there must have been an update recently. 😄

Best Answer

Hello @LynneSkysong

Thank you very much for the update! If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards to talk with other users about a lot of different topics, perhaps you could find that to be fun.

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be great to be able to see the weekly and monthly calorie deficit.  It seems that you can only now get that info for the current week.  To get the same info for previous week's it looks like you have to go in and add it up day by day, correct?  Why can't the info that is already displayed for the current week, be retained and displayed for previous weeks as well.  This would help to see how you did in overall calorie deficit as related to weekly weight loss.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stepping into the Forums @uofmmom24

That is definitely a great suggestion. It could definitely help users get a better overall understanding of how they did through the whole month or week. I did find this suggestion for a 'Calorie Deficit for Past Week'. Perhaps you could vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

Thanks for joining the Forums! Hope to see you around.

Best Answer

I've looked at both links provided and they're from 2015 and 2016, when the calories in vs calories out were still in the report/before they were if they weren't always? We need it back, badly, as it's the most vital statistic if your goal is weight loss. It being removed and having to do it manually, not being "optimal" is absolutely not good enough.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @ohashy.

If you feel like the suggestions I mentioned do not reflect what you mean, please create a new one that is much more specific in our Feature Suggestions board. That way we can have one  for exactly what you're referring to.

Hope to see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t see the suggestions being referred to. This functionality is something many of us have been waiting for for years now. 

Best Answer

Why would anyone bother posting on the forum when they're perpetually ignored? I've seen amazing suggestions from users over the last two years I've owned a Fitbit, and to my knowledge using the device every day, not one has been implemented in this time. I've contacted Fitbit directly to request a list of suggested features that have been, and to request the reason a basic and vital function in terms of knowing the overall calorie deficit has been removed, directly impacting the value of the product to users with weight loss as their goal. 

Best Answer

Hey @uofmmom24 and @ohashy.

If you do not find the Suggestion you want, you can always create your own.

As for the Suggestions themselves, please do know that we do not ignore any of the suggestions. We are always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lanuza,

I’ve so far sent three e-mails to customer service requesting a list of improvements made following customer suggestions (or improvements made, at all) in the last two years. My first two e-mails received generic responses ignoring my questions and the last one has been ignored entirely. Within these e-mails I have also requested a copy of the official complaints procedure to escalate the issue, and have been, again, ignored. Can you advise what I can do except “post on the forum” since that’s what I’m currently doing and no resolution is being provided which isn’t acceptable. 

Best Answer

Hey @ohashy.

Please know that we do take any and all comments into consideration and that we have implemented several ideas that have been suggested or mentioned. 

This is the best way to make your voice heard and is why we continually encourage our users to do so.

I understand how it can be frustrating to feel like you're not being listened, but please know that we do listen and are continually looking for ways to improve. That being said, it takes a process and cannot be done from one moment to another. 

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lanuza,

Following you ignoring any of my queries, I’ll ask once more before I contact Citizens Advice. Please provide me with;

- A list of changes made, specifying which have taken place following customer suggestions 

- Details of how to submit a formal complaint to Fitbit.

As a consumer who has paid for the product, I am entitled to this information as the use of the product has been negatively impacted by the company’s actions following purchase. 

Considering I AM CURRENTLY posting on the forum, under a topic that relates DIRECTLY to what I am asking about, why ON EARTH would I post AGAIN, considering I have received LUDICROUS levels of fobbing off from this interaction? I am not, and have never, expected an immediate response. We are very heavily into weeks that I have been requesting assistance. 

Best Answer

Same request. I need Calorie Deficit for Past Weeks too.

Best Answer

I eventually had to give up trying to get any sensible answer from Fitbit, and now just delete the weekly e-mails because they're of no use. Hopefully they'll start listening to customers in the future, but doesn't seem likely. 

Best Answer

Has the weekly calories deficit been added yet since I can't find it? It would be really helpfull and definetly not just for me, but not everyone bothers to write in the forums asking for features.

Best Answer