Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change email address to 'new' TLD domain extension

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Entering my new email address in the profile settings (and my password), gives no error message after submit and it shows the new email address at that moment. But after logout, the address is not changed. 

I am migration to a new email domain with '.online' extension, but it looks like it's not accepted on the website.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the Forums @noppes123.

That sounds very bothersome.

It could be that the changes are not being saved on the server. I'd say that we try to change the email address using a different browser. That should help your dashboard save the changes up properly. 

Please try it and let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has nothing to do with the browser (it's the same in every browser), since it is caused by verification code built into the Fitbit website to check for valid email addresses. The validation code is obviously not up-to-date with new domain extensions that have been introduced over the last few years by the Internet authorities (ICANN).

Either the validation code on the website should be updated, or you could manually change my settings in the back-end (database) where everything about the users is stored... ;o|

Best Answer
0 Votes

@noppes123,

So is this address in the format like "MyName @ ThisDomain.online " ?

I can see how all the new TLDs could present challenges for coding that might expect a traditional .com, .net, etc. top level domain.

You might run into this issue on other sites. If so, another option would be set up a free email account, and have it forward to your .online one, for situations such as these.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @noppes123@WavyDavey.

@noppes123 Thanks for your feedback. You seem to be very savvy in this type of environment, that's awesome. I will try to get more details on the matter and as soon as I have something I will be letting you know. 

In the meantime, @WavyDavey's suggestion could do the job.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed, I use 'name@domain.online'.

A small number of sites have this issue and using a free email account would mitigate this indeed. As I like to keep things clean and simple if possible, forwarding from a free email account like outlook.com or gmail would be a 'last resort'. Since it is just an issue with the email validation code on the webpage, persuading the webhost to manually change my email address in the database (or wherever they store our profiles) in many cases solved the issue... ;o)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @noppes123.

Thanks for the clarification.

Our team should be getting in touch with you soon. Please keep an eye on your current email's inbox.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your support so far.

I'll wait for the support team to reach out to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @noppes123.

You are very welcome! 

Please do keep me posted on how it goes.

If you have the time you should visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other Forum members.

Let me know if you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with a .one Domain. Contacted support and they didn't know about it Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I escalated the issue but their final response was that there were no plans to change it and that I should vote for the 'feature'...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Feature? It's a bug! Seems that Fitbit got stuck in the past. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

My thoughts exactly!

Best Answer
0 Votes