Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit/delete Active Minutes.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did not wear my fitbit yesterday or when I slept last night, but it somehow ended up tracking 90+ active minutes. I am now trying to delete this minutes, but am unable to. The advice online says to find the activity in your dashboard and replace it with "driving". Weirdly enough though, while fitbit lists a lot of Active Minutes, it didn't generate any specific "Activities" or "Exercise". Does anyone know how I can delete this data when I don't have a corresponding "Activity" to modify?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @tjsnapple,

I think here's what you do:

Go into the active minutes tile, and note when the active minutes were generated. The times don't need to be exact, just close.

Then go into Log, then Activity, and create an activity called driving that starts and stops with the times above. That should negate the extra active minutes. Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Unfortunately that didn't work. I think it's because there are no actual corresponding steps. The fitbit shows 0 steps from 12:00am-6:00am, but it has 45 Active Minutes. I think this may have worked if was correcting fitbit from thinking that steps during "driving" weren't actual steps, but it didn't change anything since there is no movement (even though there are active minutes - don't ask me how fitbit thinks that's a thing).

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you find a solution please let me know I've had mine in the drawer for 24 hrs yet I find I have had 138 active minutes and 14:57 min sleep 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WavyDaveyThe driving record only works for Steps and floors

@Juventine@tjsnappleThere is no way to edit active minutes. Its purely fitbit driven

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @tjsnapple and @Juventine!

Adding to what @WendyB said, there is no way to delete active minutes. Perhaps you could support this suggestion about it. You can vote for it or comment on it to show that you'd like to see this implemented.

Hope to see you around! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

For what it's worth, the advice at http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306 worked for me - it let me get rid of wrongly detected active minutes. I added a "driving" activity on top of the problematic hours. (I didn't edit or delete any existing activity, I only added a new one.)

I also set the calories to match my baseline calories (1 calorie per minute is what fitbit shows for me). After that, the fitbit data looks correct.

I was planning on attaching screenshots to show what I did but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to upload images here, so hopefully the text description is enough 🙂

Best Answer

Hey @ryandm! Thanks for joining the Forums.

Glad to know that those steps did work for you. 

There is  certainly a way to upload screen shots and images. You have to click on the 'Photos' button that shows up on top of the text field when you're writing your post. Check this image to see the icon:photos.PNG

Hope you find this useful. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Another issue iam facing that the active minutes is showing as 1440 in a day . Even for sleep it showing as active minutes. This is happening from past 3-4 days..

Best Answer

Hello @Fazal.

Thanks for bridging this up. Let me help you figure out what is going on.

In this case I'd like to ask you some questions about this situation:

• What Fitbit is it that you are using?
  • Is there anything that happens on the days that you get the active minutes? Maybe you are driving or doing a specific activity?
  • Is it always 1440?

In the meantime, please try logging a driving activity like it was mentioned above. It should help to remove the active minutes. You can click here to read more about how to do it.

I look forward to your reply. Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this is the bug, I think, and the work around. From my poking and prodding, it seems that the error occurs (for me, at least) when I try to delete the zone minutes for a specific period of time on one day. The app crashes, or you get the error ANY time the end date and time are BEFORE the start date and time.

When you start in the Delete AZM window, the default date and time values are:

1. Start date/time is the current time, minus 5 minutes (e.g. 02 FEB 2023 @ 2:30 PM)
  2. End date/time is the current time (e.g. 02 FEB 2023 @ 2:35 PM)

What I noticed is that I can set the start date and time, with no problem - e.g. 27 DEC 2022 @ 7:30 PM

The error now occurs when I change the end date to 27 DEC 2022, because the end date & time are now BEFORE the start values.

If I change the end time FIRST, to 8:00 PM, and then change the date to 27 DEC 2022, there is no condition where the end date and time is before the start date and time, and I can delete the data.

I hope this makes sense.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes