Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED 03/22/17) Unable to export exercise data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has something changed in the web site Settings/Data/Export function? My problem started 3/16/17, worked fine before that. I've tried to export via three different browsers and all fail. I enter the custom date range, click all boxes for data types to export, CSV format. After I click the Save button, it dims, the circle comes on for less than a minute. Then the save button is bright again but I never get a prompt to save the file. Help!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes! Thanks for the good news. I confirm, export seems to be working perfectly again.

MModerator edit: format

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

Thanks for posting. As of yesterday (March 17, 2017), I'm having the same problem. Previously, I've exported data daily without any problems, but now I get a spinning wheel and then nothing. My browser is Microsoft Edge. I hope this issue is resolved soon as I want to capture some of the data that isn't available through the app or website. Thanks.

Best Answer

Update: When I try the export in Google Chrome I receive the following warning (no warnings in Microsoft Edge nor Microsoft IE 11): "This page is trying to load scripts from an unauthenticated sources."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I have spent the past hour on "Chat" and "Joel" knows nothing useful. Hopefully the Engineers can fix it quickly. The recommended workaround is to copy the data manually from the log screens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

.I just tried and it did not work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbitis keeping an eye on it and/also it has been reported in this topic link. No news yet.. Weekends get in the way..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Same here. I export my data every month, this weekend I tried to export the February 2017 data without success. I have tried MS Edge, i.e., Chrome and Firefox. I have tried exporting as CSV or XL. Nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Finnair I would keep an eye on the tread that @Colinm39 posted, It looks as if that is where the updates will be posted. 

What I've done is connect IFTTT to my Fitbit account, every morning after I sync, IIFTTT drops yesterday's data into a Google sync

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue, does this still work since 16 March? Have you tried it since then? If I can be sure it will work with IFFT, I'll give it a go....but I don't want to spend the time if this is just one more unsuccessful try at a workaround....

Thanks!

Sandy

Best Answer

I just downloaded the IFTTT app to my Android tablet and linked in my Fitbit a/c, but from there on I'm lost. As one of the reviewers said, this is an app for Geeks, not for the likes of me! More time wasted. Thanks, Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried it, still not working for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So....I did set up the IFTTT recipe to drop data into my Google drive....it does work, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the data in the spreadsheet....looks like it just gives a daily summary...I was hoping for more detail, but perhaps it's the same level of detail one gets from exporting from Fitbit dashboard...I wouldn't know since the first time I tried to export was last Thursday, the day things got broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Greetings Fitbitters!

@OldDog17 @Sue_in_WDC @MartinBlackshaw @Finnbar @Gentian 

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up to my attention. Just like @Rich_Laue said, creating an IFTTT recipe works as a workaround while our engineers work on a permanent fix. Also, just like @Colinm39 suggested, I'd keep an eye on this thread right here where updates are posted as we receive them.

Thanks a million for your patience guys. See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

IFTTT uses Fitbit's API, the same way any other third party all does. So yes it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please can someone explain to me exactly how to get my Fitbit stats via IFTTT (or an other way) into Garmin Connect? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gentian  I have a better solution...Smiley Happy

Fitbit Export is now working for me in Australia.. Just tested week, month etc and perfect results..

Just like before...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Yes! Thanks for the good news. I confirm, export seems to be working perfectly again.

MModerator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks you all for the continued assistance and follow up! 

@Rich_Laue @Gentian @Colinm39

It has been brought up to my attention this issue has already been resolved, yay! Smiley Very Happy Please let me know if you're still experiencing issues with the export data tool. I'll be happy to follow up!

You might want to try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and even trying a different browser! Smiley Happy Catch you guys later! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Yes, the problem has been resolved. I exported the data this morning. Thanks to the Fitbit team for fixing it.

Best Answer

Working again for me too, yay! 

Best Answer