Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED 03/22/17) Unable to export exercise data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has something changed in the web site Settings/Data/Export function? My problem started 3/16/17, worked fine before that. I've tried to export via three different browsers and all fail. I enter the custom date range, click all boxes for data types to export, CSV format. After I click the Save button, it dims, the circle comes on for less than a minute. Then the save button is bright again but I never get a prompt to save the file. Help!

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

@OldDog17 & @Ken41 awesome news! Thanks for letting me know this has been fixed for you. Smiley Wink Heart

On a different note, I'd like to invite you to visit our awesome Discussions Section in the Community. In there, you'll find all sorts of interesting topics. Hope to see you around more often! Smiley Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Trying to export and get this message!

We were unable to export this activity ?

Best Answer

I just checked, and exporting is working perfectly for me. Might it be a wifi connection problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wifi is fine,

I'm trying to export the tcx file to strava and it comes up with that notice.

Using mozilla,edge and on my i pad,same notice,haven't had this issue before?

I'm not a premium member though,does this make a difference?

Best Answer

I just tried via settings rather than Premium, it worked exactly the same. However, I am using a desktop and choosing to download CSV files & then import them to Garmin. I presume they could just as well be imported into Strava. I haven't seen an option to export tcx files.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the excercise you have a menu with 3 dots,tcx export is in the menu.

How do you get the files in to garmin? where do you put the csv file? which folder?

I've downloaded the csv file but what next,i have a garmin. Thanks by the way! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recent (last 24 hour) TCX export issues looks like a duplicate of https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/We-were-unable-to-export-this-activity-Please-t...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I've been rather slow to reply. If you open Garmin Connect on a desktop, you will see in the top right hand corner a + sign. Click on this and you get 3 options including "import data". Click on that and all should become clear. On my Mac I can drag  my downloaded .csv file into the box indicated, but there are other ways to proceed which I haven't tried. If you can't see your .csv file, maybe the "browse" option will work for you. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The message I get is:

Abode Acrobat Reader could not open 'fitbit_export_............. because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged  grr.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adobe teader is the wrong program to open up the file.

Download the xls file and use a spreadsheet or google sheets to pen it.

Or download the cvs file, open a spreadsheet or google sheet and inport tye cvs version.

Best Answer