Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see friends on web dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know today was the day for the groups and challenges was to be shut down but when I now click on the friends tile in the web dashboard today I get:  Oh no we've lost you.  We cannot find the page you're looking for.  Is there a typo in the url?

Has not only the challenges and groups been shut down but also accessing your friends from the web dashboard? All of the rest of the dashboard if functioning properly!

Please respond because because that was not what was communicated to be shut down.  My mom uses the web dashboard.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and formatting

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your reports and feedback. We’ve removed friending and messaging features from fitbit.com so that we can focus on our in-app experience. You can see your friends, add new friends, send and read messages, and see your friend leaderboard in the Fitbit app.

To learn more about connecting with friends in the Fitbit app, see How do I connect with friends on Fitbit?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

I see the same thing on my web dashboard @LizzyFitbit 

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

I would like a response to my very valid question.   

Many people use the web interface to access their stats.   Now after Mondays changes to remove groups the friends tile is broken.   The friends ledger was not what was communicated would be shut down...but yet it was.   

Fitbit a response please.

Best Answer

I have the same issue on two different browsers.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Same here, with three browsers on the computer. Tried the website by the phone's browser and the link took me right to the forums, not my friends.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Every time they change something, they make fitbit less and less interesting and helpful.  Now, from the web dashboard, I cannot see my friends or my total mileage from the beginning when I first bought a fitbit 10 years ago.  I cant find it on the app.  is that info gone forever?  .  I am way past the last badge they give for distance.  Can someone from fitbit please answer?

Best Answer

I flagged this thread to get moderator attention with my previous post.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @scooter1950  you can still see your steps. Log in and go here https://www.fitbit.com/activities  and using the little calendar on the right side, pick a starting and ending date. It will generate the steps and miles for you. 

Best Answer

Odyssey13  Thank you.  That is very helpful!   😀

Best Answer

So again Fitbit...why has the friends tile been disabled from the web dashboard?    Not giving an answer of the status and any future plans regarding this very important feature is not acceptable. 

Best Answer

Fitbit, please answer DJDJTO's question.

Also, my question: When will Fitbit fix this issue?

It is senseless to encourage friendly competition, and then remove the key way to view the results.

If Fitbit does not intend to fix it, please explain how Fitbit benefits by disabling this feature.

Best Answer

I'm wondering this as well.  I keep track of my progress against my friends and family and knowing this isn't available demotivates me.  Why is there NO ANSWER to this question?  There was, however, an answer to a completely unrelated query made in a response.

VERY Negative!

--------

Hi Odyssey13.  Why did you answer the unrelated question but not the OP's question?  It looks like a fair number of people are impacted by this situation.

Thanks for your assistance.

Best Answer

Hi @Stepping-Fool  I answered a question that was one I could answer for the member. As for the OP's question, that would be something only an employee of Fitbit could answer. Those of us on the Community Council aren't employees of Fitbit. We're volunteers who help as we are able. These community forums are where we all strive to help others, but there are times that we can't help. A Fitbit Moderator was notified about this thread, so they could stop by to assist with the OP's question.

Best Answer

Thank you for your response.  That makes sense.  Much appreciated!

Best Answer

I have the same problem and I am totally fed-up with all the changes (sleep, seeing friends steps, etc) made by FITBIT (which are not improvements!).

The next time my FITBIT dies, I will be purchasing a POLAR but definately not a FITBIT as competing with my friends on their steps was the last interest in continuing with this watch. This after more than 10 years of loyalty and the continual replacement by a FITBIT watch. Fed-up with their continual changes and non-communication to the user.... 

Best Answer

That is happening for me as well. I click on friends and get "Oh no we've lost you." Grrrr

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your reports and feedback. We’ve removed friending and messaging features from fitbit.com so that we can focus on our in-app experience. You can see your friends, add new friends, send and read messages, and see your friend leaderboard in the Fitbit app.

To learn more about connecting with friends in the Fitbit app, see How do I connect with friends on Fitbit?

Best Answer

What?  Why can't it be available in both systems?  I prefer using my Dashboard on the Fitbit.com website.  What negative thing is going to happen next?  Thank you for answering, by the way.  If there's a way to save that feature on Fitbit.com, can you please look into it?

Thanks.

Best Answer

I never used the app until I was forced to by all these changes.  i much prefer the web dashboard. I guess fitbit cant walk and chew gum at the same time.    I just bought a new fitbit.  Pretty sorry that I did.

Best Answer

Thanks for this reply but this action by FITBIT still remains inacceptable. It is obvious from the replies that a lot of people prefer the dashboard web interface and that this should co-exist with the app. Does FITBIT care about its users and their feedback? Would it not be more productive and efficient to ask the loyal FITBIT users their feedback on proposed changes before implementing them? This would save time for FITBIT and us, the users, and avoid a lot of frustration and confusion and chasing around for answers....

I assume the "focus on our in-app experience" means to accumulate as much data for FITBIT's parent company GOOGLE as possible...!

This is definately the last straw for me of owning a FITBIT watch !

Best Answer