Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send private messages on forums

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Could I please have a moderator for this group private message me? I'm unable to send messages for some reason. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @cwatson1@Odyssey13 Thanks for the heads up and help!

@cwatson1 Thanks for the details provided, as well as your efforts. Let me explain that as long as you and the other user have the option enabled, you should be able to send a private message when visiting their profile in the forums. That being said, I verified you have this option enabled and because you're having this situation, let me recommend logging out from your Community profile, closing and opening your browser, logging back to your account and try sending a private message one more time.

About your other inquiry, when a post is removed, a moderator will send you a private message explaining the reason for that action. While every question and opinion is always welcome, please take the Community Guidelines into consideration when posting.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @cwatson1  you need to explain a bit more about what's going on. Which device do you have and which smartphone or tablet operating system are you using? How are you trying to send a message - on the forums, in the app or using your Fitbit? If we knew more, it would help to get you answers. Moderators don't usually send a private message unless it's to give you more personalized information once you've posted on the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 the person said that she was a moderate. LizzyFibit is the the name of the person who sent me the message. I'm assuming it's through the community forum up at the top right. Bu, after she sent me the 3rd message I have been unable to send another message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh ok, so you were sent a private message and can't send another one. Yes, that's where it is. If you could open it, could you just type and hit send to reply to it? Hope it resolves itself soon. I'm tagging Lizzy, so this post will get their attention.

@LizzyFitbit as you can see @cwatson1 can't reply to messages now.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 My posts were nothing major at all and should not have been against the standards. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But, for me to suddenly not be able to send her a private message is something that I don't understand.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @cwatson1@Odyssey13 Thanks for the heads up and help!

@cwatson1 Thanks for the details provided, as well as your efforts. Let me explain that as long as you and the other user have the option enabled, you should be able to send a private message when visiting their profile in the forums. That being said, I verified you have this option enabled and because you're having this situation, let me recommend logging out from your Community profile, closing and opening your browser, logging back to your account and try sending a private message one more time.

About your other inquiry, when a post is removed, a moderator will send you a private message explaining the reason for that action. While every question and opinion is always welcome, please take the Community Guidelines into consideration when posting.

Best Answer