Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view Best (Most) Steps in my Fitbit Profile

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When trying to view the most steps I've taken in a day by clicking best, the loader indicator spins infidelity. I got curious what was happening so I took a look at the  XHR nestwork requests being made and think I found a bug.

The request for /bestStats=1&userId=MYUSERID (obviously not my real userId) is erroring out with a 403.  The json response coming back has an error type of "insufficient_permissions" and the error message  "API client is not authorized by the resource owner to access the resource requested. Visit https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/oauth2 for more information on the Fitbit Web API authorization process."

What gives, I'm logged into my profile on the fitbit website. Also if there's an error message, why keep the spinner spinning? I waited way too long before realizing something was off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just noticed this ("Best" spinning indefinitely) and saw that this bug goes back years. At this point seems better to fix or remove.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I believe that fitbit have been aware of this issue for a while now. They are working on it but have not given any estimates for when it might be resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed this ("Best" spinning indefinitely) and saw that this bug goes back years. At this point seems better to fix or remove.

Best Answer
0 Votes