Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized or fraudulent website?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I madethe unfortunate mistake of purchasing my wife a Charge 4 Special Edition for the now-not-so-amazing price of $129.99 from a website FitbitGlobal.com, which mirrors the actual Fitbit website.  I landed there because I was seeking a coupon code, and stupidly thought it was the proper site.  The payment was by PayPal to a "Vu Pham" at JosiahAnders193@gmail.com.  I did't pay much attention at the time, as I was in rush to do it unnoticed by my wife.

I later determined that the website is supposedly a fraudulent site, after not receiving any email receipt or communication after eight (8) days.  I have submitted a complaint w PayPal, hoping they can correct my lack of good judgement.

I post here to ask if anyone else has heard of this site, and to also advise against using it, if it is indeed a fraud.

Take care everyone.

Jim

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@CigarJim Unfortunately I can confirm that this site is not an official Fitbit retailer. It sounds like you've already reached out to PayPal, and they should be able to reverse the fraudulent charge. I've also relayed this internally so that appropriate action can be taken.

We recommend always making your purchase through fitbit.com, or checking this page for a list of genuine retailers offering Fitbit devices. Sorry for the troublesome experience you had while making your purchase.

Best Answer
Moderator Edit: FormattingThank you, sir!

Sent via BlackBerry

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I reported it to PayPal and they said it's not covered. Where you able to get a hold of there customer service? I tried calling but they direct me back to there online message center. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't understand your question, sorry. Re: PayPal, I had to file a complaint and am still going through the process, awaiting a response from the so-called seller, who is entitled to answer the complaint. The issue is not yet resolved.  I hope that helps you.

Sent via BlackBerryModerator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

I “purchased” a Versa 2 and I’ve not heard anything from the seller. I’ve filed a complaint/claim with PayPal and will hopefully hear something soon. I feel awful because my mother also ordered from them because I thought it was a great deal at the time. I hate that people will take advantage of others especially during times when things are already hectic enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

The same happened to me the past Friday. I started to get suspicious when I didn't receive the confirmation from the website, I also paid with PayPal and I now PayPal cover packages not delivered so I would send a complain. Please let me know if you receive any information regarding this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm so sorry to hear that. I am also waiting to hear back from PayPal too.
When I purchased mine I didn't notice it wasn't the legit Fitbit site. Its
just so frustrating. Hope PayPal will reverse the charges. Please keep me
updated if you hear anything from PayPal.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will definitely keep everyone updated on how everything is going. I’m mad at myself because I’m usually pretty cautious about buying things online to begin with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Of course!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally heard from PayPal and they denied my claim. Instead of going through the appeal process I decided to go to my bank. I had to close my old debit card and get a new one. The bank also filed a fraud claim for me so I’m hoping to get my money back. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the information. I think I will be doing the same. Thank you.

Cheers
Eileen
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!
In my case PayPal send me my tracking number from UPS and seems I will receive the package on June 27. I’ll let you know what happen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the website is no longer active now, which is a good thing

Aurora, Canada | Charge 4
Best Answer

My bank refunded my money. I had to close out my old debit card and get a new one. If PayPal was actually looking into these complaints and properly looking into the info that is provided by the seller they would know it’s false info. The tracking number that was provided for my order said it was delivered on the 28th and that it was 1 of 5 things dropped off on my porch. I only ordered one thing from him. My mom’s tracking info said it was delivered to a completely different area of the county that she lives in and is no where near her home. I’m starting to wonder if this person/people are working for PayPal or UPS. If anyone gets anything saying they used USPS please report it to your local postmaster because it becomes a federal crime.

Best Answer

When PayPal reaches out to fitbitglobal.com about product not being received there receiving a fake tracking number from them stating that product was received. I called UPS and they say it's a fake tracking number. I now have to get a hold of PayPal again and let them know it's a fake tracking number. This will probably take me weeks again just to get a hold of someone or get a response. I am just going to contact my bank and let them know the situation. I hope to get it resolved through them. This has been so frustrating and time consuming. 

Best Answer

Yes, I am experiencing the same situation.  The "seller" provided a fraudulent tracking number for a real package that was sent from Vineyard Vines to an address in my city. PayPal immediately closed the complaint, taking this thief's word for it.  I had to contact the Postal Service to learn that the "package" was not SurePost, and then my local UPS hub directly to track the package. If you try online, you just get screwed around, which I presume the thief knows.

It is easy to obtain tracking numbers from UPS by simply entering their format into their search function until you nail one. 

PayPal has been uncooperative via online complaints thus far, so my next move is to send them written mail.  I will not let this filthy scumbag thief simply walk away.  As stupid as I was to purchase from the site of this seller, PayPal has failed to protect numerous customers from this fraud.

Best Answer

It's a fake tracking number, provided to PayPal by the thief.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The same happened to me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes